Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

paint flaking off bumper, repaint under warranty, WOOHOO!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2002
that little dude
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slick will become famous soon enoughslick will become famous soon enough
paint flaking off bumper, repaint under warranty, WOOHOO!!

i'm just a little happy today. i was rinsing off my car with a garden hose, when a piece of paint, the size of a nickel, just flaked off the front bumper. i nearly shat in my paints when i saw it. i quickly rinsed off the rest of the car ( it was soapy ) and dashed down to the dealership. i showed the service manager the flake, he said "no problem, i'll setup an appointment for you, and a rental from enterprise" i said, "this is under warranty, right?" he said, "of course".
no, i'm not happy that paint is flaking off the bumper, but that they are repainting the entire thing, i had scratches on the bumper already, before the paint flake.
also, did anyone have a problem of water getting in the doors? i have an appointment for that also. all i need to do is fix the rattle in the rear deck, and i'm set ( thanks to mohawkboom for help on that, i have time this weekend, so i will do it then )
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

WorldsSlowestEm2 will become famous soon enough
When i bought my car, it was brand new and had only 2 miles on it but the paint was all flaking under my tailioght on the right hand side. They repainted it for me cuz that was underwarrenty. now a year and 2 months later, theres a chip in the same spot but not as big. I was wondering if they;d still redo it
Old 10-18-2002
Registered!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
Wow I had a piece chip off also like the size of a dime ... But I just put touch up paint over it ...
plus i have had the car for like a year and 1/2 now i doubt they will do anything now ...

But i should go check for more flaking ..

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-18-2002
that little dude

[hr]Originally posted by: AntiLoop
Wow I had a piece chip off also like the size of a dime ... But I just put touch up paint over it ...
plus i have had the car for like a year and 1/2 now i doubt they will do anything now ...

But i should go check for more flaking ..

[IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/IMG][hr]
you should go and have them check it out, i mean, i had no hassle at all, they took one look, and approved it. i'm still having it done next week, so anything could happen, like me getting a bill when i pick it up, i'll let you guys know how it goes.
Old 10-20-2002
Registered!!

SoNiCcIvIc is an unknown quantity at this point
Lifetime paint/scratch warranty. I think it's voided if you have an aftermarket body kit on. If you still have your warranty with the body kit, lucky you.
Old 10-21-2002
Registered!!

AntiLoop will become famous soon enough
[hr]Originally posted by: SoNiCcIvIc
Lifetime paint/scratch warranty. I think it's voided if you have an aftermarket body kit on. If you still have your warranty with the body kit, lucky you.[hr]
what do u mean Lifetime paint/scratch warranty ???

i doubt they will repaint your car if its scratched ... if they do thats pretty sweeet !
Old 10-23-2002
Registered!!

mohawkboom is an unknown quantity at this point
When I bought my car it had a piny rust pinhole in the door sil. Honda repainted the entire car... 3 weeks later..my rear bumper was peeling paint flakes off.. Honda repained the front and rear bumpers.. some olebitty bumper tapped me.. 2 weeks later..I have a 2" high 6" across sport with no paint on it....woohoo
Old 10-23-2002
that little dude

i never knew that honda repainted cars so frequently, i always thought that they had good paint. also surprised that they just gave the okay to go ahead and get the bumper repainted, i thought that i would have to put up a fight ( i was ready to, darn it ).
anyways, they are painting the bumper right now, got a free rental, 2002 pontiac grand am se v6. i dont like the interior, and enterprise sprayed some really funky smelling odor repellent in the car, its nausiating.
Old 10-23-2002
RGL
Registered!!

RGL is an unknown quantity at this point
will they repaint it if the owner scratched it? i hit the shelves in my garage and caused a scratch in the first layerof paint to chip off--about 2in long.
Old 10-24-2002
Turbo Guru

andyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond reputeandyman97 has a reputation beyond repute
No, they will only honor paint repair against wear and tear....if you have a scratch with a ding, or it doesn't look like it just "happened on its own due to workmanship or quality," odds are that they won't fix it.
Old 10-24-2002
RGL
Registered!!

RGL is an unknown quantity at this point
fu**k man...that sucks. maybe if i start bawling hysterically....haha...
Old 02-15-2003
Registered!!

asianmatrix02 is an unknown quantity at this point
guys i got like a tear on the front bumper, about 1.5" long below the driver headlight. i dunno where it came from but i am setting up an appointment to fix that and a loose hood. do u guys think the bumper will be fix under warranty? didn't do anything to bumper

by the way i only have 7000miles and it is about 8months old
Old 02-20-2003
Registered!!

MMILX is an unknown quantity at this point
Man, I'd personally have just chosen a different car. I wonder how the repaint affects your resale value. I had an S2000 that had the door repainted for touch up and when it came time to get rid of the car the dealership said that it didn't want to accept it on trade because it had paint work done...

I'm guessing that your rust spot was AFTER you bought the car, and not when you were just looking at the car with the intent of buying?

[hr]Originally posted by: mohawkboom
When I bought my car it had a piny rust pinhole in the door sil. Honda repainted the entire car... 3 weeks later..my rear bumper was peeling paint flakes off.. Honda repained the front and rear bumpers.. some olebitty bumper tapped me.. 2 weeks later..I have a 2" high 6" across sport with no paint on it....woohoo[hr]