Air Conditioning Post issues with air conditioning here

AC issues.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Csaskins is an unknown quantity at this point
AC issues.

I have 2 questions: 1.why does my ac cycle on when the ac button is turned off? 2: replaced my compressor last summer due to old one squealing. First replaced the belt but didn’t fix it then replaced the compressor with a rebuilt model. Still squeeling. I replace the belt from time to time and the issue goes away for a day or two but eventually squeeling returns and gets worse by the week. The last time I replaced it I purchased a belt directly from the dealer ($40 vs $15-$20 and it was a bit thicker than after market ones, the issue was better but lasted only a week or so then right back to the same Squeeling again. Is it possible that the ribs on the pully are too deep and the belt doesn’t get enough traction so it slips? Squeeling happens when I start the car up fo a moment with the fan **** turned off (should just idle and turn freely since compressor not engaged at all). Will also squeeling when slowing down in traffic or accelerating from stand still or slow turn then acceleration. I turn the **** off to keep it from squeeling during these moments while driving.
Old 12-06-2018
Super Moderator

Received 1,848 Likes on 1,300 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of
Re: AC issues.

It sounds like you don't have the belt tight enough. Loosen the lower alternator mounting bolt and then use the wingnut to tighten the belt. Remember to tighten up the alternator bolt afterwards.
Old 12-06-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: AC issues.

Originally Posted by Csaskins
I have 2 questions: 1.why does my ac cycle on when the ac button is turned off? 2: replaced my compressor last summer due to old one squealing. First replaced the belt but didn’t fix it then replaced the compressor with a rebuilt model. Still squeeling. I replace the belt from time to time and the issue goes away for a day or two but eventually squeeling returns and gets worse by the week. The last time I replaced it I purchased a belt directly from the dealer ($40 vs $15-$20 and it was a bit thicker than after market ones, the issue was better but lasted only a week or so then right back to the same Squeeling again. Is it possible that the ribs on the pully are too deep and the belt doesn’t get enough traction so it slips? Squeeling happens when I start the car up fo a moment with the fan **** turned off (should just idle and turn freely since compressor not engaged at all). Will also squeeling when slowing down in traffic or accelerating from stand still or slow turn then acceleration. I turn the **** off to keep it from squeeling during these moments while driving.
What kinda car you got? Be very specific.

Belt is not tight enough.