Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Problem with Slave Cylinder Removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
98HondaLove is an unknown quantity at this point
Problem with Slave Cylinder Removal

So I got the slave out but the clutch hydralic line that connects to the top of it snapped off as i was trying to unthread it on my 2003 Honda civic. I then tried to just remove that part of the line from the other end but the nut wont budge. I will provide pictures and I'm not really sure what to do at this point any advice would be appreciated thank you.

-jay

Old 10-14-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Problem with Slave Cylinder Removal

Yea I discovered that system was in very poor shape on my car too. The clutch uses brake fluid which is hydroscopiic so it sucks in water from the atmosphere. 15 yrs later and fittings and piston have internal rust damage and the fluid was as brown and thick as a chocolate milkshake.

You still might get lucky using a correct metric flare nut wrench. (They grab on 5 sides). Definately get the right wrench if you need to replace all way back to clutch master cylinder.

Old 10-16-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jaymorac is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Problem with Slave Cylinder Removal

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Yea I discovered that system was in very poor shape on my car too. The clutch uses brake fluid which is hydroscopiic so it sucks in water from the atmosphere. 15 yrs later and fittings and piston have internal rust damage and the fluid was as brown and thick as a chocolate milkshake.

You still might get lucky using a correct metric flare nut wrench. (They grab on 5 sides). Definately get the right wrench if you need to replace all way back to clutch master cylinder.

Just wanted to thank you for your reply. My buddy ended up coming over cutting the line heating up the nut freeing it lose and we got a new steel line with adapters for about 5$. Alls well as far as that goes but now Ive run into another issue with the system itself. Thanks again !

-Jay