Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

2005 Civic EX SE Window Issue

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Jhunt96 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool 2005 Civic EX SE Window Issue

I started having this issue about 3 months ago. My window would not work for some time (sometimes days and sometimes weeks), and then would randomly start working again. It has no rhythm or rhyme but I would try the window every day and it would randomly just start working agin when holding it down. It is only the driver side front window. All other windows work just fine. When the window does work, it has not issues. It rolls up and downs and the automatic down works fine, this is just rare that is actually does work. The latest time it was not working for about 3 weeks so I made an appointment to take it in for an electrical diagnostic and started working on the way to the shop this morning. I figured to not bring it in and see if anyone else has these issue. Please let me know if you can help. Thanks!
Old 09-13-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: 2005 Civic EX SE Window Issue

First thought is your window regulator motor has a flat spot, aka dead winding.

Bad wire harness and or control panel would likely show up even when it “works” by stopping working midway where as a bad motor winding once motor is spinning will keep spinning.
As long as it doesn’t stop exactly on the same dead spot will fire right back up again, but your dead spot is likely near at the full up position.

Its a cable chain system, but just maybe next time the window won’t go down, exit the car and with a hand on each side of the glass, try to push the window down just a little. Then try switch. If it suddenly starts going you know it’s bad motor.
Old 09-13-2018
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

The wires behind the rubber conduit at the driver's door hinge area may have broken. This is a common issue and has happened to me. The wires flex when door opens and closes especially the driver's door which gets lots of use. Repairing the wire(s) fixed the issue for me.
Old 09-13-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the roughRobertD is a jewel in the rough

If you are ever in a pinch with your window stuck one way or the other, a good thing to try is to hold the window switch in the direction you needed to go and then open and slam the door while still holding the button. at 55 year old shop owning mechanic friend showed me that check and it's got me out of a jam a few times