Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Transmission is slipping, hybrid manual trans 362k

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
thesupersoap33 is an unknown quantity at this point
Transmission is slipping, hybrid manual trans 362k

It's slipping at climbing rpms. Shifts into gear fine, but seems to randomly slip during acceleration.

idk much, but I'm guessing it's the clutch or sadly, the trans. She's been a great car. Please help me save her!
Old 04-04-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Transmission is slipping, hybrid manual trans 362k

Needs a clutch job.
Old 04-04-2018
Registered!!

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
thesupersoap33 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks, ezone!

What clutch would you recommend? Could you give me a badass choice and an economical one??

Also, the cars ima system was faulty a year ago and I changed the 12v. Ima light came on as I was leaving the dealership, but the problems decreased immensely. The ima is still charging and discharging just fine. Car accelerates etc. But I've had to 'jump' the system a few times and idk if this has been happening when there's little to no gas or what or if that has anything to do with it. But to jump it I kill the ignition at about 30 mph and then turn it back on and then the ima starts doing it's thing right again and the 12v warning light goes off for sometimes a long time. Was wondering if it's a sensor issue or something. The ima battery is completely charging and discharging completely as I said. Thanks!
Old 04-04-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

What clutch would you recommend?
Stock or stock equivalent
Could you give me a badass choice and an economical one??
No.

Ima light came on as I was leaving the dealership
Gotta know the fault code(s) first.
Old 04-05-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Very happy with the fit, finish, feel and price of the Excedy clutch I just put in.
At your mileage you might also need to replace the flywheel.