Safety/Security Items - SRS, Keys, Immobilizer, airbags, ABS Post your safety, security questions here! Airbags, Keys (immobilizer)

Seatbelt Buckle Issues

Old 12-11-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,120 Likes on 935 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Seatbelt Buckle Issues

2005 "Special Edition" sedan, auto, 117,000 kms.
Drivers seatbelt buckle is starting to get finicky when clipping in.
Is there a way to clean/re-lubricate the buckle?
I'd rather not shell out $300 for a whole new pre-tensioner when only the buckle is the problem.
Old 12-11-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of
Re: Seatbelt Buckle Issues

Originally Posted by Colin42
2005 "Special Edition" sedan, auto, 117,000 kms.
Drivers seatbelt buckle is starting to get finicky when clipping in.
Is there a way to clean/re-lubricate the buckle?
I'd rather not shell out $300 for a whole new pre-tensioner when only the buckle is the problem.
Is it the belt buckle reciever (for lack of a better term) that's the issue or something else? The red push button mechanism on the reciever can become worn and make it difficult to buckle properly. I've seen this on older American cars but not Honda's.
If that's the case remove seat and replace reciever with a used one.

Maybe this will help:
Old 12-11-2017

Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Megalodong
Is it the belt buckle reciever (for lack of a better term) that's the issue or something else? The red push button mechanism on the reciever can become worn and make it difficult to buckle properly. I've seen this on older American cars but not Honda's.
If that's the case remove seat and replace reciever with a used one.
Yeah it's the part with the button, I swapped one on my old truck but it didn't have the explody pre-tensioner on it which the honda does. According to the parts diagram its one assembly

Thanks for the video link, might give that a shot.
Old 12-11-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
310civicEX is an unknown quantity at this point

pull into honda, get a free replacement
Old 12-11-2017

Originally Posted by 310civicEX
pull into honda, get a free replacement
I live in Canada, not all dealerships (if any) have the free seatbelt warranty.
Old 12-11-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Buckle in the USA is lifetime warranty for mechanical problems like the buckle not latching correctly.

I'd expect the same coverage in Canuckistan, but check your owners literature or call any Honda dealership service department.
Old 12-12-2017

Originally Posted by ezone
Buckle in the USA is lifetime warranty for mechanical problems like the buckle not latching correctly.

I'd expect the same coverage in Canuckistan, but check your owners literature or call any Honda dealership service department.
Thanks ezone, I'll check my paperwork, and if I don't see anything I'll give the dealer a call
Old 12-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

While no lifetime warranty in Canada on seatbelts, I was fortunate to have the SRS code for the faulty buckle (which is a well-known issue and Americans are getting them replaced under warranty) and asked for goodwill consideration from Honda Canada. We arrived at Honda pays for the part and I paid labour.