Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Who should I have inspect a used hybrid before purchase

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thinksachi is an unknown quantity at this point
Who should I have inspect a used hybrid before purchase

I'm looking to purchase a Civic hybrid from a private owner. I need to have it inspected first. I called up a local Honda dealership and they said they are able to perform a regular state inspection and/or a 27 multi point inspection. I wasn't satisfied with the guy's answer as he seemed a bit new.

My question is if there is some sort of special inspection I should have the dealership perform when I bring it in to make sure it's a legit purchase? Should I be asking for something more specific? I did ask he had a method to inspect the life of the battery and he said yes.

Sorry; I'm new to hybrids so the purchase of one has me nervous and I like to be comprehensive.

I'm in Maryland if that matters
Old 09-13-2017
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Who should I have inspect a used hybrid before purchase

They're not that complicated especially for the 7th gen.

Any trust worthy auto shop should be able to inspect it.

-Google to find the highest rated shop around you, with the most feedback comments.
-phone them and ask to see if they have the ability to check the hybrid system along with the regular inspection.

-You're mainly looking for heavy wear mechanical parts
-brakes
-suspension components

-regular maintenance
-oil
-transmission fluid
-coolant
-power steering (if it is fluid driven)

-ECU codes

-Also check the carfax to see if it was in any crashes.