Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Mechanic Told to replace LCA Bushings and Lower Ball joints

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Mechanic Told to replace LCA Bushings and Lower Ball joints

I used beck arnley ball joints on my old car and they seemed like a good quality part, I also liked the fact that they were non-greaseable (I hate grease fittings)
Old 02-07-2017
OF top 99.5% creator (Formerly of the Puffinblunts variety)

Received 109 Likes on 89 Posts
Wankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud ofWankenstein has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by maverickfhs
Have not received the parts yet, but should we be concerned about it? Has anyone used them, if so, how's their reliability? Thanks for the help.
From what I've read Beck Arnley buys up overstocked parts and rebrands them to their own label. One (of many) link(s): https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bec...-to-oem.52404/

For the buyer that means that you could get an OEM or an aftermarket part. I purchased two BA front lower control arms (ball joints included) for a Mazda 3 and the parts looked exactly like the original part and worked without issue for three years..until car was totalled.
Old 02-07-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
maverickfhs is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Colin42
I used beck arnley ball joints on my old car and they seemed like a good quality part, I also liked the fact that they were non-greaseable (I hate grease fittings)
Thanks me too, plus I don't have a grease gun and moog ones require a grease gun for greasing.
Old 02-07-2017
Registered!!

Originally Posted by turd_ferguson
From what I've read Beck Arnley buys up overstocked parts and rebrands them to their own label. One (of many) link(s): https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/bec...-to-oem.52404/

For the buyer that means that you could get an OEM or an aftermarket part. I purchased two BA front lower control arms (ball joints included) for a Mazda 3 and the parts looked exactly like the original part and worked without issue for three years..until car was totalled.
Thanks, that's what I hoped for when I bough them. Guess, will have to try it out. On the other hand, LCAs are moog ones and they are manufactured in China.

Well, guess I'll be experimental and will find out
Old 02-07-2017
Registered!!

Can anyone advice if this(or similar) procedure can be used on LCA's compliance bushings? Though, I have already ordered LCA's but instead of installing cheap chinese one, I might just install the compliance bushing and keep those 'new' ones as a back up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPbL...ature=youtu.be

Can anyone please chime in and provide some help? Thank you
Old 05-21-2017
Registered!!

Just to close the loop here, did this work this weekend. Almost everything was easy and straight forward, except few suggestions which I would like to add:

1- Stabilizer end links can be a royal PITA because of rust, had to cut when I was doing the first one. Second one went smoothly.

2- Rental tools for popping old ball joint(used an impact it was super helpful), as well as press for new ball joint can do wonders and be very helpful.

3-One of the axle bolt was all rusted, it was a royal PAIN to remove it.

Second side went very smoothly and quickly, so take your time while doing it and do a lot of research and reading. Removing and pressing ball joint is the only difficult part.

I would stay away from Moog R series LCA's. Bushings on them look too cheap.

Good luck and let me know if any questions. Thanks to everyone for their input and help