Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

2002 civic ex wont start

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
yota is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 civic ex wont start

2002 civic ex cranks but wont start. to this point I have changed cam sensor and crank position sensor. Fuel pump working gets fuel to the rail will try to start with starter fluid. Checked 3 relays behind glove box(Brown, blue and black) looking for main relay(EFI) help please
Old 05-10-2016
Registered!!

Re: 2002 civic ex wont start

checked injectors with noid and no pressure at injectors . I was told this is main relay. Problem is locating the relay.
Old 05-10-2016
Registered!!

bsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nicebsmiley is just really nice

[QUOTE=yota;4707498]checked injectors with noid and no pressure at injectors . I was told this is main relay. Problem is locating the https://www.google.com/search?q=civi...yO6uBrmwN_M%3A
Old 05-11-2016
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Relays are behind the glove box. Flop the box all the way down like you're gonna replace the cabin filter set.

Old 05-11-2016
Registered!!

OK changed both relays still no start. I forgot to mention there is no green key light coming on. In my 2001 it comes on for a second when you first turn the key on and when you turn the car off. I seem to remember this car having the same green key light but it is not coming on at all. Could this be my problem??? If so, what is the fix???
Old 05-11-2016

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

I forgot to mention there is no green key light coming on.

.....Could this be my problem???
That's a clue.

If so, what is the fix???
Figure out why.
I'd find a wiring diagram and see how it gets power and ground, what controls it, and go from there.

Engine compartment box fuses 6 and 9
dash box fuse 17

If the PGMFI main relay #1 doesn't switch on power for some reason, the immobilizer unit won't work right
Old 05-11-2016
Registered!!

Is the PGMFI main relay #1 the brown relay behind the glove box?
Old 05-11-2016

I dunno. I never trust because after this many years it might not be how the factory built it. What color relays did YOU install?

I have to refer to a real wiring diagram, check colors of all the wires going into the relays.

There are several relays there, I have one diagram saying the black relay is for the reverse lights, 2 blue relays are mains 1 and 2, and not a word about a brown relay at all. If it has an AF sensor (04-05) the relay for that is in the same place too.
Old 05-11-2016

Main relay #1 wire colors

white/black
white/black
red/yellow
yellow/black
Old 05-11-2016

Main relay #2 (fuel pump) wire colors

yellow/black
yellow/black
green/yellow
yellow/green