Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

2002 honda civic lx 5 spd making noise when shifting

Old 05-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bo_red will become famous soon enough
2002 honda civic lx 5 spd making noise when shifting

I was considering trading in my 2001 civic lx auto 192k miles 4 dr sedan for a 2002 civic lx 2 dr coupe (139k miles but it was visibly more worn than my own car).

So i test drove it, and when I shift, it made a strange noise. And the guy selling it said it was because when these civics are not used, and sit for a while the clutch bearing develops problems.

And he also said that in order to replace the entire transmission has to be pulled and that it's one of the worst honda mistakes.

is this true? Can you enlighten me a bit on this issue?

He also said he's had a vehicle that had the sames issue and the car never broke down because of the sounds.

It also had srs light lit on the dashboard. He said it was because of the airbag recall, which I had it repaired on without srs light being lit.(yesterday as a matter of fact). He also said, it's either that recall or the seatbelt sensor. If it's the seatbelt sensor, how much will it cost to fix?
Old 05-03-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: 2002 honda civic lx 5 spd making noise when shifting

Originally Posted by bo_red
the guy selling it said it was because when these civics are not used, and sit for a while the clutch bearing develops problems.

look elsewhere
Old 05-03-2015
Registered!!

Ok. Thank you. What's the real cause and fix for the noise? How much does it cost to fix?
Old 05-03-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bo_red
Ok. Thank you. What's the real cause and fix for the noise? How much does it cost to fix?
As soon as you figure out what is causing the noise and have an estimate to fix it and tell us, then we will all know.

Seriously, look at your question. That's akin to asking the forum, "What's that smell?"
How much does it cost to fix?
Turn the radio all the way up-- that's free.

HTH
Old 05-03-2015
Registered!!

Seriously, look at your question. That's akin to asking the forum, "What's that smell?"
sorry. lol