Engine start problems Post issues with engine start here. Does not start, does not run, etc.

crank no start

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trav_02civic is an unknown quantity at this point
crank no start

Hi I really need help fixing my car here's what's happing I have had it parked for a while now to customized my interior I use to crank it up and just let it run so all the fluids would circulate properly so one day I pulled it up on a trailer to relocate it and it was running fine then it just cut off now it won't run again unless I put gas in the throttle body and turn the key I have changed the main relay and the other two behind the glove box I have check all the fuses inside and out I have cleaned up all the ground point that I could locate I have checked the injectors they are 12.5ohms I have installed a new fuel pump and filter I have checked the connector going into the the pump itv have power I can't here my pump coming on but after trying to crank it a few times I disconnect the fuel line from the filter and fuel starts pouring out I'm not getting fuel up to the injectors can someone please help thanks
Old 04-21-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: crank no start

I pulled it up on a trailer to relocate it and it was running fine then it just cut off
Did it quit WHILE you were pulling onto the trailer?

Have you checked under the car to see if something hit on the trailer or ramp, maybe mashed the fuel line shut?

I'm not getting fuel up to the injectors
I'd double check this, do some actual fuel pressure testing at the fuel supply line in the engine compartment.
Old 04-23-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trav_02civic is an unknown quantity at this point

No it drove up on the trailer it was running while we tied it down then it cut off we thought it may have just ran out of gas but it had a full tank when when took it off the trailer
Old 04-23-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Trav_02civic
No it drove up on the trailer it was running while we tied it down then it cut off we thought it may have just ran out of gas but it had a full tank when when took it off the trailer
....If I believe it's a fuel supply problem, I would
Originally Posted by ezone
do some actual fuel pressure testing at the fuel supply line in the engine compartment.

Does the green key symbol in the gauge cluster flash angrily while you are cranking it?