Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

Radio problem

Old 03-12-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theturrettop is an unknown quantity at this point
Radio problem

So i have a 2005 civic base model and just recently i tried to install a aftermarket pioneer deh-150mp radio car reciver for a sake of an aux input. Now i got the stock radio taken out and plugged in the pioneer with a harness adaptor but however when i turned on the car, not crank, the pioneer would not turn on. So i reinstalled the stock radio car reciever and that would turn on as well. I also noticed that the needles to the odometer are shaking when i start the car so i fear that the battery is some how drained. Last time it was replaced was november. Any thoughts?

Last edited by Theturrettop; 03-12-2015 at 10:41 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-13-2015
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Radio problem

check fuses?

any time you mess around with any wiring/electrical you should be disconnecting your battery first, is it safe to assume you did not?
Old 03-13-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds like at the very least, the backup fuse got blown.

Hopefully before your gauge cluster gets ruined, make sure the wires labeled ILLUMINATION are not connected to anything and taped off so they can't short out.
Old 03-13-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Theturrettop is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by mikey1
check fuses?

any time you mess around with any wiring/electrical you should be disconnecting your battery first, is it safe to assume you did not?
Oh dnag thats where we screwed up. I know noob move. So would disconnecting and reconnecting the battery do the trick?
Old 03-13-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Theturrettop
So would disconnecting and reconnecting the battery do the trick?
No, the damage is already done.

Find the blown fuse(s) and replace.