Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Trans change - '04 EX Coupe P0741 TCC code

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
06Accord6spd is an unknown quantity at this point
Trans change - '04 EX Coupe P0741 TCC code

Hello everyone. I've had many Hondas in addition to my '04 Coupe, I've currently got a '06 Accord Sedan (6 spd manual) and an '02 CRV.

So I've got a bit of a problem and hoping that you guys can help me out. I bought this Civic with a bad transmission and have installed a used Transmission. The original was a BMXA and after some research I learned that an SLXA would work fine as long as I changed the range switch.

So after some adjustments on the gear selector and range switch, I've got it going into all gears properly and indicating the correct gear. I've also changed the speed sensor and TCC solenoid back to the originals from the BMXA in case they had something to do with this problem, but it remains.

The car drives fine and shifts nice through all gears. And I can watch the tach and see the TCC lockup and also unlock as it should when stepping on it some and then it locks right back up again just as I would expect. Driving for the first 5 - 10 minutes at speeds up to about 45 mph, I can see it work and no code came up. Then after about 2 minutes at 70 mph the light comes on for code P0741.

Any ideas? Other sensors that need to be swapped back to originals?

Thanks!

Todd
Old 05-17-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Trans change - '04 EX Coupe P0741 TCC code

It's picking up the torque converter clutch slipping when it was supposed to be completely engaged (lockup), for whatever reason (hydraulic, mechanical, or electrical). Even a 1% slip factor can cause the code.

Input shaft RPM was supposed to match the engine RPM while TCC was engaged-- and it didn't, for at least 16 seconds.
Old 05-20-2014
Registered!!

06Accord6spd is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks ezone!

Has anyone else had a similar situation? Just hoping to narrow this down by checking any issues that have been experienced by others.

Thanks!
Todd
Old 09-01-2018
Registered!!

Braulio26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone found a solution? I'm stuck in same situation I'm in a county that requires state inspection and can get it to pass with check English me light on. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 09-02-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Reset the codes and don’t drive it over 50mph till the monitors switch to ready and then swing it into inspection lane. They won’t drive on the freeway will they?