Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Having problems with my 04 Civic Lx, not good with cars someone please help!!

Old 03-28-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dopeflowz is an unknown quantity at this point
Having problems with my 04 Civic Lx, not good with cars someone please help!!

I have a 2004 Civic Lx Coupe, with roughly 67k on it..while driving back from work this afternoon it started acting weird. It felt like the car was being pulled back then being pushed forward, this happened a few times. In the mix of that happening the car felt like it was stuttering and struggling to keep going. I looked at the tachometer and the needle reading my RPMs was going crazy. It would go to 3000 then drop to 1000, back up to 2000, to 3 then back down to 1000 and so on. Quickly I pulled over and the car turned off like there was a kill switch on it or something..The engine light came on with the battery light and another symbol and would not start again. A couple minutes into this the car did turn back on but only the engine light remained on. The car now sits in my driveway and will not start. I have no idea what this could be. I previously had the timing belt fixed and even my mechanic said it was weird that it went so soon (it was changed around 60k). I am no mechanic and not really good with cars I just hope someone can help, at least I will know what is or what could be possibly wrong. Thanks a lot!!
Old 03-28-2014
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Having problems with my 04 Civic Lx, not good with cars someone please help!!

your post is in the wrong section but anyway,

what do you mean your timing belt "went so soon"?? did it break? or did you just have it replaced as maintainance???

the first thing you should do is check the codes with a scanner, and report them back here, but seeing as you said you are not good with cars, looks like your going to have to get that done somewhere
Old 03-28-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Having problems with my 04 Civic Lx, not good with cars someone please help!!

Thread moved to 7th gen.

Does the starter still crank the engine, or is the battery weak/dead?
On reading codes (assuming the battery is good), does the scanner say 'no communication' or anything like that?

Did it jump time?