Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

Questions about gas cap or "cap, Fuel filler"

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2014
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
devkay is an unknown quantity at this point
Questions about gas cap or "cap, Fuel filler"

My CEL has come on and before this time it was going on and off due to oxygen sensor 2nd bay (downstream) which the wire had a cut in it. So replaced that and now light came back on and autozone saying its probably the cat converter either clogged or plugged OR in a case could be the 1st oxygen sensor so its reading it as the cat. But my dad mentioned that he had to deal with this with his accord and a odyese they had and he finally tried replacing the gas cap and the light went off. So now to my question does anyone know if a gas cap from say a 96 or 01 accord will fit a 02 civic. I mean are they all the same they look very similar...because my dad has a 96 accord he doesn't use that i can switch out the gas caps. Thanks guys.
Old 01-07-2014
Pusher Jets Rule!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
crxmanpat has a spectacular aura aboutcrxmanpat has a spectacular aura about
Re: Questions about gas cap or "cap, Fuel filler"

I would get a brand new OEM cap for your car. They are only like $25-$30. These wear out after a while and will give you an emmissions code. Don't put on a used cap, as that one (especially coming from a much older car) may be bad as well.

The part number you want is 17670-S5A-A32. The part number for the 96 Accord is different.
Old 01-07-2014
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

What was the scanned code?

Did you use a Bosch sensor? Universal?

Code may still be related to the first issue you were having.
Old 01-07-2014
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

^^^This.
Post the actual code number(s). No vague descriptions or guesses.