Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

2004 Civic EX P0344 Code....

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ValveGuy is an unknown quantity at this point
2004 Civic EX P0344 Code....

Hello, i am looking for some help as i offered to help a friend on his 2004 Civic EX with an Auto Trans...

His wifes car starting running as if it was hitting a rev limiter, so i pulled the codes on it and got a P0340 and a P0344 which came back as a Camshaft Sensor and a Crankshaft sensor, so we bought new sensors, installed both along with a new timing belt and water pump...car fired ran great till it reached operating temp then started running as if it was hitting a limiter again around 3500 rpm....

We then pulled the codes again and it came back with a p0344 cam sensor again ??

I can start the car and it will rev to 5000 no problem, then about 5 seconds later it goes back to hitting a limiter and wont go past 3500 rpm

is it possible to get a bad sensor ? the car is in great shape and she is the original owner and has mantained it very well...

When we pulled the codes the first time, it also came back with a P2646 which was something to do with the Vtec oil sensor....but that code is now gone....

Only code that comes up is the P0344 ?

Any help is Greatly Appreciated.....Thanks
Old 10-29-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 2004 Civic EX P0344 Code....

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...-civic-ex.html
Old 09-04-2020
Registered!!

Blaze93 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ValveGuy
Hello, i am looking for some help as i offered to help a friend on his 2004 Civic EX with an Auto Trans...

His wifes car starting running as if it was hitting a rev limiter, so i pulled the codes on it and got a P0340 and a P0344 which came back as a Camshaft Sensor and a Crankshaft sensor, so we bought new sensors, installed both along with a new timing belt and water pump...car fired ran great till it reached operating temp then started running as if it was hitting a limiter again around 3500 rpm....

We then pulled the codes again and it came back with a p0344 cam sensor again ??

I can start the car and it will rev to 5000 no problem, then about 5 seconds later it goes back to hitting a limiter and wont go past 3500 rpm

is it possible to get a bad sensor ? the car is in great shape and she is the original owner and has mantained it very well...

When we pulled the codes the first time, it also came back with a P2646 which was something to do with the Vtec oil sensor....but that code is now gone....

Only code that comes up is the P0344 ?

Any help is Greatly Appreciated.....Thanks
I have the same issue. I've replaced the crank and cam sensors and put new connectors. I've also put a new timings belt and double check timing. I've been struggling with this issue for a while now. .. the only thing is I don't think it's the sensors since I thought the same and went to the store to get new ones again and nothing
Old 09-04-2020
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Honda OEM sensors or third party?
The following users liked this post:
Colin42 (09-05-2020)
Old 09-05-2020
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Honda OEM sensors or third party?
This, if you bought aftermarket sensors start over with OEM ones
Old 09-05-2020
Registered!!

Blaze93 is an unknown quantity at this point

I got told by the store that they all going to be aftermarket since mine is an 04 they said it shows in their system that they are oem but they're actually not
Old 09-05-2020
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

hondaautomotiveparts.com

Genuine Honda OEM for good prices, just gotta wait a bit. Alternatively, you can try asking your local dealership if they price match online prices. One of the three in my area (there's a 4th, but I don't drive that far) will price match any online genuine parts dealer's price+shipping and either get me the part same day or next day. Literally ordered a 2020 civic sport hatch rear lip and they got it to me literally less than 15 hours later

edit:
other notable sites:
hondapartsunlimited.com (their online ordering is currently suspended)
hondapartscheap.com
collegehillshondaparts.com
hondapartshq.com
hondapartsnow.com

I literally open up multiple tabs with each site and identical orders and use the one with the best overall price after shipping & handling is applied. Some sites will e-mail you coupon codes if you make an account and let it sit in your cart for a while.
Old 09-05-2020
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

said it shows in their system that they are oem
O.E.M. ?
Red flags
From post 26 in this thread https://www.civicforums.com/forums/2...questions.html
Originally Posted by ezone
The brand name O.E.M. stands for Original Engine Management, usually sold at parts stores that are open on Sunday.
The name is specifically chosen to capitalize upon the unknowing and unwary consumer who has heard good things about OEM but has little awareness beyond that.

Note: When I use the phrase "parts stores that are open on Sunday", it's because they cater to the DIYer and value shoppers that rarely consider anything beyond perceived price. They do not cater to the professional.
Colin42 (09-06-2020)
Old 09-05-2020
Administrator
Administrator

oh god, I didn't even think of the brand OEM you find at autozone
Colin42 (09-06-2020)
Old 10-22-2020
Registered!!

John Nunn is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you find out why yours won’t read past 3000 RPMs I’m having the same issue