Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Clicking noises when I take off or brake

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2013
DeX
Canadian, Eh!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to allDeX is a name known to all
Clicking noises when I take off or brake

This has been happening for 5 years or more but it's getting progressively worse over the years. When I start going forwards, I hear a couple of clicks coming from somewhere in the front end and when I brake I get all the same sounds but in reverse.

I swapped the suspension myself but it was all aligned and set up at the dealership multiple times over the last couple of years. The springs were swapped out for Tein S-Techs and there is a camber kit on the rear but not the front. I don't notice uneven wear on the front tires.
Old 09-13-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awdcivic2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Clicking noises when I take off or brake

You coulda searched I posted this exact same thing like 3 days ago. Its right below this thread actually. Jack your car up grab the sides of your tire move it sideways any play? Up and down any play? Get back on that.

Honestly think I just found the problem though my drivers lower a arm front bushing is ripped all the way out. This would probably be the problem. Take the tire off take bolt out and use a crowbar its easy and look for any rips, mines completely ripped.

Also check where the tie rod connects to the shock and rear a arm busbing but that one is probably ok.