Engine Post your engine related problems in this section. Engines will cover from Fuel, Engine, Cooling, Exhaust physical related items.

P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circut

Old 05-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
kevin2001 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circut

Hi all, today I just changed the crankshaft position sensor in my 2001 Civic because the old one went bad for some reason. When I first found the code it was P0335. Now to skip ahead that now I just replaced the sensor and put everything back together. Now the moment of truth that I start the car up and the engine stalls but I start it up again and it will run normal, It takes a couple of cranks for it to start. But just after I start and it wants to stall but then the engine continues running normally if you give it some gas. but now the code P0336 shows. When the old sensor was plugged in it would immediately stall out and never run. Plus I took it out for a test and the engine's rev limiter kicked in at around 3600 RPM. what could this be guys? I just replaced the sensor and still the problem goes on!

Kevin
Old 05-18-2013
Registered!!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
mikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of lightmikey1 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: P0336 Crankshaft Position Sensor A Circut

did you check the timing marks while you had it all apart?

is the timing correct?
Old 05-18-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

P0336 is CKP intermittent.

Take the connector off and look at the harness terminals. Is there any corrosion? Greenies? Corroded terminals in the old sensor?
Old 06-06-2013
Registered!!

kevin2001 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys sorry for the late update, No the terminals are all clean and the other day I tested the voltage of what the connector puts out and found out its putting out the correct voltage. Would you guys think is safe to drive with the "odd bucking"? I already did adjusted the timing and its still doing it! but will it be safe to drive even with the rev limiter kicking in at about 3500 RPMS?
Old 06-06-2013
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Reread the OP.

OEM sensor?

Wire terminals: each has good tension when a male terminal is inserted?
Old 07-14-2019
Registered!!

Andrew Kieffer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevin2001
Hi all, today I just changed the crankshaft position sensor in my 2001 Civic because the old one went bad for some reason. When I first found the code it was P0335. Now to skip ahead that now I just replaced the sensor and put everything back together. Now the moment of truth that I start the car up and the engine stalls but I start it up again and it will run normal, It takes a couple of cranks for it to start. But just after I start and it wants to stall but then the engine continues running normally if you give it some gas. but now the code P0336 shows. When the old sensor was plugged in it would immediately stall out and never run. Plus I took it out for a test and the engine's rev limiter kicked in at around 3600 RPM. what could this be guys? I just replaced the sensor and still the problem goes on!

Kevin
Im having the same issue, new sensor and ran a wire from the ecu plug A wire7 to the blue wire right before the crank sensor now its code p0336 not p0335 any ideas?
Old 07-14-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

First step usually would be to get a sensor from Honda, then use 1/4 can MAF / electrical contact cleaner on the sensor and the connector.

Inspect the “teeth” on the sprocket to make sure none snapped off.
Old 05-22-2021
d seris fan99

Jude Baca is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by kevin2001

Kevin
bump on the this thread, very helpful, wanted to add that for me the gasket for the timing belt cover appeared to be cause an interferance with the sensor to cause the code p0336 to throw and act like it hit the rev limiter at about 3500