Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Limp Clutch after fluid flush/bleed?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Limp Clutch after fluid flush/bleed?

Hey everybody, long time an no problems or DIY's to post LOL.

But today I decided to replace my brake/clutch fluid. Brakes went fine...fluids ran clear, pedal firm.

Clutch, on the other hand...is limp afterward. It does NOT return to the up position, just sits on the floor. No air bubbles, resevior was always filled..
So what the is going on? BTW there were no problems before I starting this apparently simple DIY.
Old 08-24-2011
TRUST me! I'm Idiot Proof!

BobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura aboutBobDobolina has a spectacular aura about
Re: Limp Clutch after fluid flush/bleed?

Nobodys got any idea???

Been reading all around...some said I have to remove the slave and bench bleed it....some said slave/master may be screwed up...

Problem is it was fine before I started, and all I did was change the fluid. It pumps out fluid no problem when I pump the pedal. It just doesnt build up pressure after I close the bleed valve
Old 04-23-2012
Registered!!

hondas desciple is an unknown quantity at this point

Same issue.
Old 04-23-2012
EM2ti

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
maxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of lightmaxtierney is a glorious beacon of light

Bleeding on the car takes a while. It takes me 30-45 minutes, normally. Almost 2 hours, from bone dry. Need patience or do a bench bleed. If your pedal still does not pop up, check for leaks.
Old 04-23-2012
Registered!!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light04 Honda Civic is a glorious beacon of light

Gravity bleeding is your best bet, if you can not get the air out with pumping the pedel.
Old 04-29-2012
Registered!!

texasnoob1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Get a hand held vacuum pump. Hook it up to the bleeder. Have somebody ready to pour fluid in the reservoir. Crack the bleeder and pump like crazy till it's up to around 30 psi. Keep having someone top up the reservoir. As soon as it gets up to about 30 psi, close the bleeder immediately. Your peddle will be firm.
Old 08-29-2021
Registered!!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Ninjaturkey is a jewel in the roughNinjaturkey is a jewel in the roughNinjaturkey is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by BobDobolina
Hey everybody, long time an no problems or DIY's to post LOL.

But today I decided to replace my brake/clutch fluid. Brakes went fine...fluids ran clear, pedal firm.

Clutch, on the other hand...is limp afterward. It does NOT return to the up position, just sits on the floor. No air bubbles, resevior was always filled..
So what the is going on? BTW there were no problems before I starting this apparently simple DIY.
I tried hand pumping and another person pumping the pedal without success. I wound up using a Power Bleeder with the euro attachment. One person held it on to the reservoir to keep the pressure even, the other pumped it to 12 psi and opened the bleeder.

Since I use old threads regularly to figure out how to fix things, hopefully this thread necro is forgivable and useful.