Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

Reloacted Alarm Speaker, Car won't start?!?!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2002
Pir8pete

Reloacted Alarm Speaker, Car won't start?!?!?!?!

So I wanted to relocat my alarm speaker. So I disconnected it, the alarm was off the car turned off, just parked in my driveway, but I left my battery connected. I unrapped were the splice was near the speaker and reran the two wires to where I wanted my alarm speaker to be, and the wires touched, but I didn't think that it mattered cuz everything is off right? so I continued and had to start my car to move it and put it on jacks, hummmmmmmm?????? it won't start it just clicks, all my assories are working but the starter won't turn [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG] [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/IMG]

I have a clifford Arrow 3 basic install

any help would be great

ps. I have checked all my fuse boxes under the stearing wheel and also under the hood but they all seem ok??????
Old 04-27-2002
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bryn is an unknown quantity at this point
YOUR BATTERY IS DEAD!!!!!!! Starting a motor takes a lot of power! Accesories do not!
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

KevinFWB is an unknown quantity at this point
I disagree!! If you accessories come on and your starter doesn't engage AT ALL then its not your battery. Your starter will engage even if your battery is drained. However, it may not start the car but it will at least engage.
Old 04-28-2002
Registered!!

Diznavis is an unknown quantity at this point
maybe you blew a fuse
Old 05-02-2002
Registered!!

sham01ski is an unknown quantity at this point
You think your alarm is inactive when it is off b ut it is not. It is still on to an extent. IT is possible you need to reset the alarm somehow and possibly boost your battery but that is a second possible problem point. also you might have blown a fuse somewhere, every alarm install has a seperate set of fuses somewhere under the dash. I remember on my accord the lights stopped flashing when you arm and disarm and it was a fuse under the dash also. But for your case I def think you need to reset the alarm somehow to get the car to start.