Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

OBD II code P1258 my converter?

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2008
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BoomerXx21 is an unknown quantity at this point
OBD II code P1258 my converter?

Sooo I dropped two OBD II codes after my engine was swapped for another d17a2. popped up a P1258 "VTEC system malfunction" with causes being low oil/pressure; blocked oil passage; or failed vct oil control valve. now the guy at my local speed shop had another d17a2 blow rings just like mine and apparently the burnt oil and everything in the exhaust messed with the catalytic converter and the 02 sensor and he dropped codes also, just replaced those two things and was all good. The other code i dropped was unrelated I think, P0505, PCM has determined that a malfunction exists in the idle control system. I had the engine swapped out so my guess is bubbles in the coolant. If anyone could tell me the actual problem on the P1258 code or any educated guesses on what would cause that code, keeping in mind i blew the engine and burnt shitloads of oil and had an engine swap done.

Thanks a bunch,
Brian.

Last edited by BoomerXx21; 12-03-2008 at 01:15 PM.