Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

What did I just **** up on my car(tried HID install..)

Old 12-08-2007
Pinkslip Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
karizzle will become famous soon enoughkarizzle will become famous soon enough
What did I just **** up on my car(tried HID install..)

Ok so here's how it begins.

I have an HID kit on my car. Driver side doesn't work, passenger does.

When I turn on my hi-beams, both lights cut

I bought a new hi/lo kit

I took out my old driver side kit, plugged in my stock h4 light, worked like a charm. (this was tested not even 5 mins before i tried for the HID install)

I attempted install on driver side only, pass side was still old kit. Got as far as, turning on the lights - pass lights up, driver doesnt. Turn hi-beam on, driver side low-beam kinda pulsates, pass flickers (thats prob #1)

**So with those results, I ****ed around every which way possible with the wires to get the driver side to work properly.**

Finally after 2 hrs, I got fed up and decided just to put my driver side back to stock, and leave this install for a pro.

Here's prob #2. Now the stock bulb doesn't turn on at all, and when I turn my hi-beam on, my pass flickers (before it would just turn off....?)

So can anyonly help me with both my problems? With hi-beams on, my passenger hid went from being off, to now flickering...? And my stock bulb on the driver side doesn't work anymore...?
Old 12-11-2007
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fueldoorfix is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: What did I just **** up on my car(tried HID install..)

Is your car a Canadian Model or US?
If Canadian maybe your DRL relay?
Old 12-11-2007
TURTLEonK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the roughNameless is a jewel in the rough
Re: What did I just **** up on my car(tried HID install..)

So you tried the H4 Stock bulb and it worked fine, but once you installed the new HID kit and tried messing around with the wires, now everything doesnt work? Sounds like you either blew a fuse or melted some wiring from "trying" different combinations of wiring.

I'm pretty sure he's from Canada because his Avatar name thing says "Pinkslip Racer"... Canada doesnt have pinkslips...

You might want to get a buddy to take a look at this for you that has better electrical knowledge.