Mechanical Problems/Vehicle Issues and Fix-it Forum If you've got a problem you just can't figure out, a noise you can't diagnose, or a Check Engine Light that won't go away, ask about it here!

a video from me, to you guys with your slippin tranny

Old 12-29-2005
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spoonJDMlX is an unknown quantity at this point
a video from me, to you guys with your slippin tranny

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...layable%3Atrue

yeah thats what mine is lookin like right now. feel free to use it. made it for those ppl that can't.

pay attention to the rpm after i turn left.....right at 3,500rpm going into 2nd gear.......then BOOM MODAFAKA

Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
I couldnt help to notice that your car is still COLD. That is normal when the tranny hasnt fully warmed up. Thats the first thing I noticed when I saw your video was your temp gauge was still on the "C" mark. Once the tranny fuid warms up, it will go back to normal.
Old 12-29-2005
My SL65 rim, because a rim is all I can afford
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Jrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to allJrfish007 is a name known to all
yeah that's true, but that much slip does seem kind of exsive to me. I guess the real question is does it do it when it is warmed.
Old 12-29-2005
Powered by Honda

y.0. KiLLa is an unknown quantity at this point
wow, i've never seen that much slip even with my car cold like that..ahhh how was it warmed up?
Old 12-29-2005
Banned

same when warm but doesnt do it AS MUCH, when its cold it does it on each shift lol, but when its warm, not as much slippage but still some
Old 12-29-2005
Registered!!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
streetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to allstreetglower is a name known to all
can you take a video of when the car is at normal operating temp. If it happens when warm, you may have a problem, but again, We only saw it when the vehicle was cold, so to me, everything looks normal.
Old 12-30-2005
Banned

i'd make the video again but it doesnt happen all the time when the car is warm, so i wouldn't kno when to record it
Old 12-30-2005
Registered!!

CivicSF should not be trustedCivicSF should not be trusted
Originally Posted by streetglower
We only saw it when the vehicle was cold, so to me, everything looks normal.
that is NOT normal for a bone cold auto trans. i can start it, get out the driveway in 10 seconds, stomp on it, and it'll hit great. the only thing that takes time to get up to speed is the shift times.. which is probably a combo of the engine and trans as well being cold. always shift a tiny bit slower when bone cold, but definitely no slippage like that. that's a bad trans buddy.

Last edited by CivicSF; 12-30-2005 at 02:02 AM.
Old 12-31-2005
Civic Gurlies

HondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the roughHondaChic is a jewel in the rough
Sorry cold or warm, it's still going. That's exactly what happened to mine. so I started letting it warm up. Failed anyway. Took it to Honda, one week later and two attempts on replacing it I finally have it back.
Old 12-31-2005
Banned

yeah but mines been doing it for a looong time now. i give it a few more weeks/1month before it goes byebye
Old 12-31-2005
Banned

Originally Posted by varner88
yea naz ur ***** ****ed

thanks for telling me, lke i didnt know?
Old 01-01-2006
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
agreed. the trans will try to stay in lower gear until the engine warms up kinda like its stuck in D3 but this is very cold like 0F how it gets here. did the tranny break yet or starting to...

Originally Posted by CivicSF
that is NOT normal for a bone cold auto trans. i can start it, get out the driveway in 10 seconds, stomp on it, and it'll hit great. the only thing that takes time to get up to speed is the shift times.. which is probably a combo of the engine and trans as well being cold. always shift a tiny bit slower when bone cold, but definitely no slippage like that. that's a bad trans buddy.
Old 01-03-2006
Banned

not yet
Old 01-04-2006
Registered!!

Ricky is an unknown quantity at this point
cold or warm doesn't matter if it slip you need to change clutch because mines doesn't do that of the bat the thing go no slippage
Old 01-06-2006
Registered!!

mb28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by spoonJDMlX
http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...layable%3Atrue

yeah thats what mine is lookin like right now. feel free to use it. made it for those ppl that can't.

pay attention to the rpm after i turn left.....right at 3,500rpm going into 2nd gear.......then BOOM MODAFAKA

Go ahead and replace the transmission because even mine is an 02 civic lx auto and it shifts perfectly even cold or warm and I have 113,000 miles on my car. That is a huge slipppage
Old 01-07-2006
Banned

im thinking of gettinga rebuildint kit, but then again....**** it?

its still moving from 0 to 80. thats all i need....when it goes then it goes....ill get a rebuilding kit then.

but does any1 kno exacly whats wrong with it? clutch? synros or w/e its called? bad gears? what is it!!!!!?????
Old 01-07-2006
Premium Member

gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
there is a defective part (clutch pack?) that will cause it to fail on its own even if you have an oil cooler. a rebuild kit is a must otherwise it will just break again. You maybe have another 1k miles before the trans just gives up. could be sooner or later too.
Old 01-07-2006
Premium Member

well thats just a ballpark figure once the clutch packs go out. it will only get worse.
Old 01-07-2006
let the devil out

eye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant futureeye_see_you has a brilliant future
ok ok ok with all the tranny threads, we all know the 01+ vics had issues so just go ahead and save yourself time and upgrade to better fluid such as red line or royal purple , and do the TCI master overhaul kit or 5 speed swap. Otherwise I hope its still under warranty.
Old 01-09-2006
Banned

Originally Posted by varner88
^^lol no hes been driving it like that for far more then over 1000,miles.

chris dont make me chop your useless **** off....and its like....over 5,000 miles LOL.. happen in june and its still going. its been well over 5,000 to be honest with you, i already did altest 2 oil changes on the motor since then.
Old 01-09-2006
ThE CoRRupToR

dru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nicedru106 is just really nice
Trust me you dont wanna have a tranny go out on you while youre driving like me. Cuz it really does suck!! I had to push it outta the way which isnt fun. My car right now wont goto any gears even reverse!!!!!!! And i hear a loud whinning noise coming from the tranny. Im gonna convert to sick.....
Old 01-09-2006
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
i don't mean to be a total nub but what exactly is happening in that video that tells you his clutch is slipping?
Old 01-09-2006
Premium Member

he has an auto tranny and its not supposed to rev really high like that before switching gears. that means its slipping
Old 01-10-2006
Banned

^^^^^^ what he said. if you pay attention to the video...listen to the sound of the engine when the rpm is revving....
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

mb28 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally Posted by Spracto
i don't mean to be a total nub but what exactly is happening in that video that tells you his clutch is slipping?

right at 3,500rpm going into 2nd gear.......then BOOM MODAFAKA
Old 01-10-2006
Registered!!

Spracto is an unknown quantity at this point
oh i see. I havn't driven auto in a while and i got confused. Dam thats crazy. hope you get your car fixed soon man.
Old 01-10-2006
Banned

yeah i hope so too...its hard......rims or a rebuilding kit? hrm...........lol hard one man.
Old 01-11-2006
Premium Member

rims won't do any good if your car doesn't drive.
Old 01-11-2006
Banned

its been going for 6+ months......not going to go out anytime soon
Old 02-11-2006
Registered!!

65Coronet440 is an unknown quantity at this point
My '02 Civic EX started doing this around 100,000 to 110,000 miles when cold. Once it's warmed up it shifts better, but not as crisp as it used to. It used to be crisp cold and warm. Typically I start the car 15-20 mins before I leave for work between Sept through April because it's so cold in the morning.

I just turned 130,000 the other day and everything is the same, so long as it's warm it shifts fine. If I don't have time to let the car warm up, I shift it manually through the gears, take it up to 3-4k before shifting to quicken the shifts, just in case. Slippage is bad news and I was dissapointed in seeing this start happen.

Unfortunately I was negligent about changing the tranny fluid and did it's first change after I noticed this problem start, which like I said was over 100k miles. Mostly was delaying it thinking it needed a flush job from a shop, not a simple drain and refill which I could have done thousands of miles ago.

Anyway, I have noticed a loud whining noise recently when cold that changes with the RPM. I haven't checked it out yet but it's typically a bearing on an alternator or PS pump that causes that, which I'll be checking out this weekend. It goes away when warm.

My car is a bone stock commuter that gets about 3,000 miles a month. Unfortunate for the car it's not just freeway miles, I make about 120 miles a week worth of that, but the rest (200-300) is a 100 mile round trip on a twisty 2 lane highway that is constantly changing from 20 mph to 65+. Though thats still better than in-town wear and tear.

If the tranny goes it goes and I'll fix it. Though I'm starting to think a Toyota Camry should have been my choice since I was hoping to run over 200K before doing anything major. Knock on wood I might make and exceed that, we'll see.

Jordan

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: a video from me, to you guys with your slippin tranny