Electrical Post your questions about electrical issues here!

I need a electrician!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MyCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
I need a electrician!!!!!

Ok guys, so I have my new stereo in BUT. When I was installing it I burned something, to make the story short there was one cable for dimming the light on the stereo and I wanted to hook it up but obviously I f... up and now I have no light at all. What happened?? Well I have burned a fuse for driving lights ( do not ask me how ) so I changed it, and it is all cool now, but my interior lights are gone. No dash lights, no lights on the AC and vent, noting. All I have are the control lights that work - blinkers, check engine, oil, battery etc.- My biggest worry is that when I turn my head lights on the only display that I get is the two bliners are on, on the dash light. It is kind of annoying but got used to it somehow. Now the problem is a) I burned a fuse - I looked for a fuse for dash light, but there is none, and all other fuses are ok- or.... I burned the light on AC and dash board period. When i putt the stock stereo back in it had a very dim display, now when i put my clairon back in it works fine. Ohh yeah dimming thingy does not work at all, so i do not know what to do. I kind of do not want to go to the dealership so please HELP your fellow DIY dude that f... up thx a lot [IMG]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/IMG]
Old 10-28-2021
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Civicized07 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I need a electrician!!!!!

So i was going down the rd and my speakers stopped working but my radio stayed on! So i assumed my stock amp blew somehow... Well i got a Memphis head unit and took the stock radio out. I disconnexted the stock amp input and output and took the fuse out from the hood fuse block.. After the radio was out and since i couldnt find the right harness after looking everywhere i could think o! i just cut every wire behind my radio slap off! Capped all of them seperately so the live ones dont short out or create any problems...Ran new wires for my aftermarket head unit even speaker wires since the originals went to the amp and couldnt figure out wire color. For some reason they use different color wire in every vehicle apparentely! So the end result was my radio now works, amp and sub work the only thing in my civic that doesnt work is the volume contro and mode button on my steering wheel! Turn signals and Cruise control still work and so does my keyless entry so... If all else fails this could be a last resort for you but it worked for me so! Id check every fuse! Under the hood and under the dash! they arent always in the slot specified on the fuse cover.. could be switched w another feature of the car

Last edited by Civicized07; 10-28-2021 at 10:47 PM. Reason: Adding a little
Old 10-28-2021
Click Here

Received 1,153 Likes on 900 Posts
FRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of lightFRSam is a glorious beacon of light
Re: I need a electrician!!!!!

Originally Posted by Civicized07
So i was going down the rd and my speakers stopped working but my radio stayed on! So i assumed my stock amp blew somehow... Well i got a Memphis head unit and took the stock radio out. I disconnexted the stock amp input and output and took the fuse out from the hood fuse block.. After the radio was out and since i couldnt find the right harness after looking everywhere i could think o! i just cut every wire behind my radio slap off! Capped all of them seperately so the live ones dont short out or create any problems...Ran new wires for my aftermarket head unit even speaker wires since the originals went to the amp and couldnt figure out wire color. For some reason they use different color wire in every vehicle apparentely! So the end result was my radio now works, amp and sub work the only thing in my civic that doesnt work is the volume contro and mode button on my steering wheel! Turn signals and Cruise control still work and so does my keyless entry so... If all else fails this could be a last resort for you but it worked for me so! Id check every fuse! Under the hood and under the dash! they arent always in the slot specified on the fuse cover.. could be switched w another feature of the car
I'll just address all your posts in this one.

We appreciate your feedback for some of these threads. It never hurts to have another set of eyes on a problem. With that being said, please don't respond to 20+ year-old threads.
The following 3 users liked this post by FRSam:
BrotatoChip (10-29-2021), Colin42 (10-28-2021), Millsy088 (11-05-2021)