Interior Post about Interior parts, seats, consoles, etc

How Quiet Inside Your Civic?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004
Why is my vagina bleeding?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nindoo has a spectacular aura aboutnindoo has a spectacular aura about
anytime I rev to 3k, but by the time I'm in forth and fifth you can't notice because of the road noise. Then lets say I engage the clutch at 3k in 1st,2nd or 3rd, the noise whines away quickly. If I shift at a lower rpm I dont hear(who knows it might be very faint) and if I rev high I don't here(who knows the engine is really loud might be masking the sound). Today I heard in the morning at 1.5k rpm I had not fully dissengaed the clutch it went away when I completely dissengagd.
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
I think I know what you're talking about. I think I hear the same noise and I never really noticed before or I never paid any attention. Maybe it has always been there and it just got slightly louder over a long period of time. I usually dont hear any whining though until I actually push the clutch in around 3-4k rpm. It whines down quickly and you only hear it for a second or two. The sound is also very faint and you can only hear it with the windows closed. I was thinking about it this morning which is why your post caught my attention. My tranny feels fine though, all my gears shift fine and shift smoothly in and out of each gear so I'm not sure if its a bad thing or not.
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

thiscrackerntam will become famous soon enoughthiscrackerntam will become famous soon enough
Now that I think about it, I think that noise has actually been there for a while. I just never paid much attention to it. I think I remember reading another thread some place on this site where someone was describing the same sound saying it kinda sounded like a BOV...LOL
Old 12-06-2004

Mine shifts well, and its really smooth. Honda told me it was normal, but I don't trust the dealership I brought it to. Everthing would be so perfect if it didn't make that noise.
Old 12-06-2004

There are people that complain about a squeaky clutch but the noise isin't squeaky in my case.
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

Yeah I can usually only hear the squeak when I'm pretty much at a stand still with the windows rolled down. I had that same squeak on my 5th gen civic. It doesnt bother me at all though. That other sound that we hear, I'm not gonna worry too much about it until either the sound gets significantly louder or the tranny starts giving me problems shifting. I havent heard any issues conerning that noise so I dunno....I definitely wouldnt lose any sleep over it at this point unless yours is really loud already. If it turns out that our trannys are goin bad it just means we're gonna end up having to swap the tranny out more than likely. Hopefully not.
Old 12-06-2004
Registered!!

deconstructed is an unknown quantity at this point
Yea my vic doesn't have a squeak noise but at about 60 mph the engine has a constant humming noise. It drove me crazy at first but I think I've gotten used to it.
Old 12-06-2004

Originally Posted by thiscrackerntam
Yeah I can usually only hear the squeak when I'm pretty much at a stand still with the windows rolled down. I had that same squeak on my 5th gen civic. It doesnt bother me at all though. That other sound that we hear, I'm not gonna worry too much about it until either the sound gets significantly louder or the tranny starts giving me problems shifting. I havent heard any issues conerning that noise so I dunno....I definitely wouldnt lose any sleep over it at this point unless yours is really loud already. If it turns out that our trannys are goin bad it just means we're gonna end up having to swap the tranny out more than likely. Hopefully not.

Its loud enough for the passenger to hear. I've always had since I bought my car.

Maybe Its not as a bad as I think.
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by deconstructed
Yea my vic doesn't have a squeak noise but at about 60 mph the engine has a constant humming noise. It drove me crazy at first but I think I've gotten used to it.

Hey welcome to the site dude. Are you a true civic loyalist or are you gonna be like some of these other switch-outs and give up on the civic when the goin gets tough? heheh Just curious
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by nindoo
Its loud enough for the passenger to hear. I've always had since I bought my car.

Maybe Its not as a bad as I think.

Did you buy your car brandnew?
Old 12-06-2004

yeah with 0 K
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

I bought mine brandnew also, but I honestly cant remember what kinda noise I heard back then. I have an 01' just like you do. I think a passenger could probably hear mine noise if I told them to listen for it, but I dont think its loud enough for anyone to really notice it on their own, if ya know what I mean.
Old 12-06-2004

I'll try and record some sound files later on and post them up.
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

Originally Posted by nindoo
I'll try and record some sound files later on and post them up.
^^cool. btw, I think we hijacked this thread. haha ownage...
Old 12-06-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
My 05 Civic is so quiet that i can hear myself get a Hard On.
Old 12-06-2004
Banned

^^thats too quiet lol
Old 12-06-2004

Give me your 05 i'll show you how its suppose to sound. Get that bad boy to snarl at above 4k. Thats one thing that good about our ecno box engine, it soudns nice in the high revs. It sounds deeper, I like that.
Old 12-06-2004

no noise, well not noticeble enough.
Old 12-07-2004
The Wierdest and Funniest Mofo 7th Gen Has Ever Seen As Voted

_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of_Viper_ has much to be proud of
A sweet exhaust would help alot..
Not sure what to get yet
Old 12-07-2004
Registered!!

MrDibbs19 is an unknown quantity at this point
i would say my 01 civic ex is pretty quiet, i dont have any wind leaks through any part of that car , good thing or i'd be mad