Transmission Post your issues with Transmissions here! Transmission covers from Flywheel, Clutch, Transmission, Axles.

Any advice for replacing the clutch on an 06 EX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aerose91 is an unknown quantity at this point
Any advice for replacing the clutch on an 06 EX?

Bought a high mileage EX where the clutch doesn't fully disengage and i can't adjust the pedal anymore nor is it hydraulic so, time to swap the clutch. Any pointers or things i should be aware of with this car?
I'm mechanically sound and replaced the clutch on my 93 Honda Prelude when i was in high school so I've gone down this road before but that was 10 yrs ago and i haven't dropped a tranny since. I don't have to rush it, I'll take my time and give it a few days even. Just don't want any headaches i didn't anticipate.
I got the Exedy OEM replacement clutch and a fidanza lightweight flywheel because once you've driven with a lightweight flywheel you'll never go back, haha. However, i heard the throwout bearing on these Exedy kits tend to suck. Any truth to that?

Appreciate any help
Old 11-11-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Any advice for replacing the clutch on an 06 EX?

You positive it's a clutch issue, not a hydraulic issue?
Old 11-11-2018
Registered!!

I bled the system and it didn't help but i was thinking about replacing the slave cylinder anyway. Regardless even when i had the thing working it was chattering really badly upon engagement so i think the pressure plate or throwout bearing may be bad
Old 11-11-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Aerose91
I bled the system and it didn't help but i was thinking about replacing the slave cylinder anyway. Regardless even when i had the thing working it was chattering really badly upon engagement so i think the pressure plate or throwout bearing may be bad
Slave wouldn't cause that. Now that you explained whats been happening I'd guess you're on the right track with the clutch job. Something may have broken preventing full release of the disc.
Old 11-11-2018
Registered!!

I think it is, plus the car has high mileage so considering the kid didnt know how to drive it well i think the clutch is shot. I bought the car intending to drop the tranny