Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Oxidized windows???

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Droop408 is an unknown quantity at this point
Oxidized windows???

One of my front windows has a “haze” to it. I don’t have pics cuz it’s been raining for days. But since I just bought the car, I’ve noticed that window is hella.......blurry. I wash it with soap and water, windex, nothing. Is it oxidized? You can still see thru it, it’s just kinda blurry like I said. Does any one have any ideas for a remedy?
Old 03-21-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: Oxidized windows???

Steel Wool can be used to clean glass, maybe give that a try. I would start with just water then maybe add a detergent like dawn or simple green.
Old 03-21-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by GolNat
Steel Wool can be used to clean glass, maybe give that a try. I would start with just water then maybe add a detergent like dawn or simple green.
ok, koo. I plan to tint them soon and I wanted to clear it up before I do.
Old 03-21-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Will haze scrape off with a single edge razor blade?
(nicotine stains sometimes will scrape off LOL)
Old 03-21-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I saw a thing on SpeedTV once where they used chrome polish to remove water spots on glass. Might be worth a shot, though 00 steel wool should do the same, just more abrasively
Old 03-21-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
I saw a thing on SpeedTV once where they used chrome polish to remove water spots on glass. Might be worth a shot, though 00 steel wool should do the same, just more abrasively
ya, it’s just that I had a bad experience with 0000 steel wool on another window. Left some burned spots.
Old 03-23-2018
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Droop408
But since I just bought the car, I’ve noticed that window is hella.......blurry.
Maybe cheap replacement window? Maybe cheap window tint that has faded clear? Maybe someone used something too abrasive to clean it.

If razor and acetone does not clean it right up just buy a new window.
Old 04-17-2018
Registered!!

mhammond1127 is an unknown quantity at this point

Either use fine grade steel wool, or a medium grade claybar (they sell them at most auto parts stores they work for paint overspray and windows it’s also reusable) you may need multiple microfiber towels and some good glass cleaner. Spray the whole window and spray the steel wool and scrub the window in up and down side to side motions.
Old 04-07-2019
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

For Cleaning Oxidized or even lighlty scratched glass windows use some turtle wax rubing compound & mix it with Fast orange hand cleaner, works best on any type glass You might have to repeat it a few times over but it will work very well.