Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

interior cleaning

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
rogerscivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow interior cleaning

Hey there guys going to be doing a spring cleaning to my interior this weekend. aside from all the dash, and trim plastic to clean, i have some dried white powdery salt stains down on my drivers side foot area on my carpet, soo.. im wondering what would be a suitable prefered product to use without leaving any discolor to the carpet?
Old 03-03-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: interior cleaning

Originally Posted by rogerscivic

Hey there guys going to be doing a spring cleaning to my interior this weekend. aside from all the dash, and trim plastic to clean, i have some dried white powdery salt stains down on my drivers side foot area on my carpet, soo.. im wondering what would be a suitable prefered product to use without leaving any discolor to the carpet?
There's a salt removing product you can buy 'salt eraser' I think, I've used it and it works really good. Or hot water and vinegar works as well.
Old 03-03-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes Use Salt Erasure for the Dried Up Salt Stains - spray On Then Brush then Vacuum - Done.!

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/sa...-0390421p.html

For the interior upholstery and Plastic trim use ( Tide Cold ) - Mixed with cold water in a Spray bottle. & Spray Your seats & wipe them clean using a Dry microfiber towel. On the other hand If Your seats are really stained bad Looking You will need to use this method Video Found Below. using Compressed Air I have seen really great results from Just spraying my seats down and wiping them Clean. especially on the Plastic Trim Works Excellent You wont beleive how much dirt comes off the plastic trim useing Tide-Cold actually Works Very well and Leaves a great smell behind to.

Old 03-03-2018
Registered!!

Hey. i will give that a shot THANK-YOU Soo Much GUYS.! Cheers
Old 03-04-2018
"Honda - tried, true & tested...!"

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
brags is an unknown quantity at this point

FYI i cleaned my carpet today and noticed i had a few salt dried stains under the rubber mat i never new i had. anyway the Kicker is i used about 75 /25 Solution of Tide Cold & Water and sprayed & brushed the area and wiped it completly clean i think the way Tide works is it lifts dirt & grease from Just about anything it works great.
Old 03-04-2018
Registered!!

A bit too Late on the Post brags but nevertheless salt erasure worked like a real champ.. on my floor boards, tide does seem to work well on plastics "THANKS - AGAIN

Last edited by rogerscivic; 03-04-2018 at 06:16 PM.