Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

"Fog" on 2007 Civic screen?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haleyds is an unknown quantity at this point
"Fog" on 2007 Civic screen?

Okay so I own a second hand 2007 Honda Civic, its in pretty much perfect condition besides the radio (discussed in another post) and the two screens for viewing car functions. Well it's not really the screens themselves, but the plastic shield in front of them.
They are like covered in a splotchy fog looking substance on the back side of the plastic. When looking at the car I thought it was topical and that I could easily clean it up- but it's literally on the inside of the shield and I have no idea what it could be or how in the world to clean it.
Any suggestions as to what could have gotten behind this air tight space or advice on how to clean it is greatly appreciated.
Old 06-19-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold
Re: "Fog" on 2007 Civic screen?

Do you mean the instrument cluster that houses the gauges like the tach and temp gauges? You should be able to take the plastic lens off of the cluster and clean it with clean soapy (hand wash dishwashing soap) water if you are careful. There is no telling if that will take care of the issue, but I would use no cleaning products on the lens other than dish soap. Make sure to rinse and dry before reinstalling the lens.
Old 06-19-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haleyds is an unknown quantity at this point

How do you remove the screen? On the speedometer screen there are two screws but they are oddly positioned so I don't really know how to get it out and on the gauge screen there's no screws at all.
Old 06-19-2017
The legs in the public bathroom stall

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
mcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to beholdmcnoople is a splendid one to behold

You have to remove the cluster from the car to remove the screen from the cluster.

It has been a very long time since I pulled out the upper gauge set on a civic so I can't remember how to do it, but I don't remember it being too hard to do.