Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Are those wax as you dry products any good?

Old 04-17-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
Are those wax as you dry products any good?

Everytime I go into the detailing section at the parts store I see so many Wax as you dry products.
Wash you car and as you're drying it off you spray on the wax and then dry it at the same time.

Has anyone tried this? Is it any good ???
Old 04-17-2006
How many pots have you smoken?
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

manthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of lightmanthatguysfast is a glorious beacon of light
i use it sometimes to give the car a little extra shine. its no comparison to doing a real detail job...but it does make it look good and feel pretty smooth. the only thing is that it washes off.

i have a bottle that i use every once in a while when i wash my car in front of the house.
Old 04-17-2006
up-up-down-down-left-right-left-right-b-a-b-a-start

R1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of lightR1Style is a glorious beacon of light
ah... I didn't know it washes off.
I guess there is no real substitute to actually waxing your car.

Thanks for the info man
Old 04-17-2006
Don't be a n00b, search ftw

01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future01HonderCivic has a brilliant future
I use Mr. Clean Auto Dry, so I can't use that ****. IMO if you use a good quality wax (Zymol is what I use) then you're not stuck having to use stuff like that, due to the fact that the shine will last 10x longer. Check out the pics of my car in the link in my sig, that was just washing alone with the Auto-Dry. Last time I waxed was about 4 months ago.
Old 04-17-2006
Registered!!

MiStAmOo is on a distinguished road
I personally dont like the wax as you dry because the shine doesnt last that long, I suggest that you just use the regular wax.
Old 04-17-2006
Crayons taste like purple...

shroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to beholdshroomster is a splendid one to behold
IF you're in a pinch and you don't want have the time needed to do a full on detail....EAGLE-1 Wax-As-You-DRY for the win...best of the best right now...

don't let everyone else cloud your judgement....I've used that religiously on my car from about teh second year (dad/mom had it the first) and my paint is still crystal and smoother than most...
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
Originally Posted by shroomster
IF you're in a pinch and you don't want have the time needed to do a full on detail....EAGLE-1 Wax-As-You-DRY for the win...best of the best right now...
not a bad product, and will give you a nice shine with some protection till the next wash.

also... if you haven't tried mothers fx spray wax, it's also is a nice product.

Last edited by rckdrmr; 04-18-2006 at 01:22 AM.
Old 04-18-2006
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
C'mon now... It's all about Meguier's QuikWax... That stuff is the ****... I use it before all shows and it is great.....
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Spraying quick detailer, basically quick wax, on a car before you dry it is always a good idea. It is a detailing 'trick" and is in no way "waxing" your car. To wax a car means to use an actual wax or sealant.

edit: Unless you are going to polish, but even then it would not hurt anything.

Last edited by jackburton; 04-18-2006 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-18-2006
Crack kills... But then again... So do I...

notoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the roughnotoriouspyro is a jewel in the rough
^^^I didn't say quick detailer. I mean Meguier's Quick Wax. It is a mist wax that you wipe off just like the detailer but with Carnuba Wax.

It'd be dis stuff....

Last edited by stpyro8; 04-18-2006 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

jackburton will become famous soon enoughjackburton will become famous soon enough
Some companies call their quick detailer quick wax, so thats why I thought you meant something else.
Old 04-18-2006
Registered!!

MarkieMark will become famous soon enough
i use wax as you dry after a wash..then i wax my car again w/ some shop wax.