Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

what to do to my vic after its weekly bath???

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2005

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ncirom2003 will become famous soon enough
what to do to my vic after its weekly bath???

ive heard about clay bars and different waxes and everything, what do you guys recommend.
i really want to finish it up with something that will make it look real special like show quality. what brands and products do you guys recommend for this. please any websites would be cool.
oh and wtf is a clay bar really is it just regular wax?
Old 04-18-2005

soonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the roughsoonercivic is a jewel in the rough
I typically use meguiars products, they seem to have the best results. A clay bar is exactly what it sounds like. You just run it, and typically some type of lubricant (speed detailer) over the surface. It is intended to remove contaminates like pollution and old waxes so you start with a nice smooth as glass surface, i dont know how it works, but it does! do you have any equipment like buffers or da polishers? Do you have swirls or cobwebs in the paint? those are things that would better help you formulate a plan of attack. I have the nhbp 03 and i use the NXT tech wax from meguiars, it comes in liquid or paste. It really gives a deep shine after 2 coats. check out www.meguiars.com for products and they have a forums at www.meguiarsonline.com the customer service and moderators on the site are great! if you have any other questions i would be happy to answer them, but most likely after a little reading and maybe a few posts on the meguiars forum you wont have anymore questions.
Old 04-19-2005

i use the same car wash i love it, i pour it into my mr.clean and it works better. im going to wet sand and buff the majority of the car one of these weekends (me wetsand have a professional that works for my dad buff) then i suppose ill use wax.
so i should do this,
wash car, dry car, clay bar car, wax car. ?
Old 04-19-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Originally Posted by ncirom2003
wash car, dry car, clay bar car, wax car. ?
Clean Interior first
Wash Wheels/Suspension
Wash/Soap exterior
Clay exterior with soap on the car (so the claybar can slide/pick up crap)
rinse off
wash/soap exterior again and make sure all the tar/dirt is off
rinse off
dry, exterior/rims
cleaner wax/polish
wax

done
Old 04-19-2005

thanks
Old 04-19-2005
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
u really cant use the claybar without water on the car.. otherwise it will smudge and get stuck to the car

so, just use the claybar while you have the soap on the car
Old 04-19-2005
Subarus FTW I do NOT miss my civic

2K1Civic17"Gabe is an unknown quantity at this point
yeah, its needs a lubricant of some sort. The stuff I use (clay magic) comes with a lube that you spray on the car to let the clay slide. It leaves a very very nice polish from the lube alone. Its also a quick detail spray. So I recommend any product that may c ome with the claybar for lube, to use that. Water will work as well, but maybe a little less shine.