Washing windshield - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-02-2004   #1  
Registered!!

btwracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Washing windshield

How do you guys clean the windshield (or dust it) from the inside? It's kind of hard to do with a cotton towel.

btwracing
btwracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #2  
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
The first thing i do to the car before I wash it...

I Use a pad of, Super Fine steel wool 0000 (ONLY on the outside of the window). I do that on all the outside parts of the windows. It gets the windshield wiper marks and dirt off the glass. Then make sure to wash it thuroughly because if the actual wool is on the car and dries, it will rust. So, just keep spraying the windows until u think its off, lol.

Then I was the car... soap, wax bla bla. The last thing I do is the windows. For the interior I use water and a towel. If I make streaks I use a window cleaning spray (cant think of the name right now).

But, those 2 combos make the windows perfectly clean!
ImPulse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #3  
Owned By Slo Rex

Day_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questionedDay_Tripper should not be questioned
use swiffer cloths, all the dust clings to those things they work good
Day_Tripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #4  
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
btw... some terry clothes are a bad idea to use on the interior...

1) some of them "shed" so.. There will be lint or w/e it is on the dash
2) It creates static like WHOA, and the **** feels mad weird
Old 05-02-2004   #5  
Registered!!

mogwai will become famous soon enough
I like to use a good microfiber towel (usually from Costco...) and Stoners Invisible Glass. No steaks or anything... Good stuff.
mogwai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2004   #6  
Banned

^ yea, thats the stuff i use. Amonia free or however u spell it
Old 05-03-2004   #7  
Registered!!

btwracing is an unknown quantity at this point
Thanks guys!

Peace & have a nice day!

btwracing
btwracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2004   #8  
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Try using Meguiars microfiber towels I love those they get all the film off. In most cases you don't even have to use any type of cleaning liquids.
MeguiarsEM is offline   Reply With Quote