Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

Experts: How can I get my car to REALLY SHINE? (Tan/Metallic Color) ~ Pic Inside

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
Experts: How can I get my car to REALLY SHINE? (Tan/Metallic Color) ~ Pic Inside

Ok, I took pics of my car washed... What i used was Meguiars Car shampoo? Then, Used Mothers clay bar, and Mother wax.

Here are pics of my car after.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	small1.jpg
Views:	180
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	26667  
Old 04-14-2004
Banned

ImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trustedImPulse should not be trusted
2nd

Name:	small2.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	33.7 KB
ID:	26668  
Old 04-14-2004
Banned

I know civicdude is gonna yell at me :x YES, I know my cars color isnt exactly the type to "shine" like a red or blue car... But, There should still be a way for it to shine more than what i have now... Like this...

Name:	shinny.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	40.4 KB
ID:	26670  
Old 04-14-2004
Banned

What detailing stuff do I need to use?

And in what steps...

heres another pic...

I heard that Meguiars NXT is good... But, I want a glossy shinny look like these images... what exactly do I need? and what do I have to do to get it like this.

Name:	shinny2.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	26671  
Old 04-14-2004
YoUnG N SuXsExFul

guamcivic2k1 is an unknown quantity at this point
ooooh shiinyyyyy
Old 04-15-2004
Banned

MeguiarsEM is an unknown quantity at this point
Well your car looked pretty good to start. Light colored cars tend to be more difficult to look glossy. So it's gonna be a challenge.Try to get some close ups of your paint. Perhaps having to sun hitting it. Do you have swirl marks? Basically polishes ia what makes your car glossy and give it wet look. The lights also helps the paint look wet, but it also brings out the swirls and cobwebs. So if you want a showcar shine your gonna have to work on it. First of wash your car, clay it, use a clearcoat paint cleaner, polish, then finish it off with some of Meguairs NXT Tech wax. Thats stuff works great. I love it. Polish I use the most is Meguiars showcar glaze.

Last edited by MeguiarsEM; 04-15-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old 04-17-2004
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

civicdude will become famous soon enough
Impulse, I already told you what I though. Im not going to yell at you for posting this, but I will give you some advice. If you want to get a really glossy shine, the secret is to use GLAZE. The reason that show car civic is so glossy is for two reasons, one the car is prolly basted in glaze, and the lights inside the stadium make the car really glossy.

The color civic you have, just like my old silver civic will never be glossy. It will be clean and the paint can be smooth, but it will never be glossy.

If you want the car to shine, Use a really good glaze, Like 3M, and a quality wax at least twice a month. Other than that, I dont know what to tell you.
Old 04-17-2004
Banned

I got my car shinny... lol, ask Jay.
Old 04-17-2004
Registered!!

jedi is an unknown quantity at this point
Hey ImPulse,
Shoreline Mist Met. gota luv it
It`s sparkles , & from your pic`s it looks Mighty Fine !!
Good taste in your color choice , I got that color too , and a Coupe realy is the only way to go !! IMHO
O-gezz now I`m gona get bashed by all you 4 door / 4 bangers LOL
Old 04-23-2004
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
^"O-gezz now I`m gona get bashed by all you 4 door / 4 bangers LOL"

we're all 4 bangers.............
Old 04-28-2004
Jam out with your clam out.
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
abmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questionedabmerop18 should not be questioned
what kind of glaze do you use? i could use some good shine in my SSM vic too.