Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

the absorber

Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dbcivickid is an unknown quantity at this point
the absorber

Hey guys. I just washed my black civic today and i dried it with the absorber i just bought. But even even wringing it out constantly it was still damp. So when i dried my car it left tiny water spots all over the car. The absorber couldnt totally dry up all the water. Ive heard good things about the absorber so im wondering if mine is defected? Can someone tell me a way to use the absorber to get no water spots at all? thanx.
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

GoOkStA is an unknown quantity at this point
learn how to dry a car, i have no problems wit the absorber
Old 08-24-2003
DOHC i-VTEC TiMEX

aznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud ofaznboysrfr has much to be proud of
why don't you DIY it then?

I have the same problem with the absorber. You're probably better off with a chamois
Old 08-24-2003
Registered!!

slamtank is an unknown quantity at this point
gooksta, how did u do it?
cuz i have the same problem about the absorber..
so i used microfiber towel..but DAMN!! even microfiber towel left a LOT of cloth piece or whatever its called..
im messed up with my black civic..
somebody tell me how to use the absorber properly..
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

XxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really niceXxSoVeReiGNxX is just really nice
I used to use an absorber to ge all the excess water off, then I would dry it with a soft towel. Now I just use 3 towels. First to get excess water off. 2nd to get the leftovers. Then the third for sort of polishing/buffing the car.
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

potator is an unknown quantity at this point
I think you guys will just naturally learn how to use The Absorber the more you use it. I remember when I first started drying my car with it, I had the same problems, and I couldn't seem to get it right. But after a little while, my dries with The Absorber are PERFECT. Absolutely spotless with it. I think I've just naturally learned how to use it properly or "better" over time/more uses. And I think you guys will too.
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

it doesnt make sense to me..if it will get better then it means theres better way to use it..plz explain it to us..we need ur HELP!! hehe
hey SoV what towel did u use?
cuz i used microfiber and terry cloth but both left some cloth pieces on the surface of my car!!
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

4bangin is an unknown quantity at this point
i use the microfiber towels too and they are great. leave no spots at all. sometimes if i am really feeling mr. clean like, i will use the towels and some meguiar's showtime spray to really polish my black car up.
Old 08-25-2003
Registered!!

bluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enoughbluericeburna2k2 will become famous soon enough
this is what i do. i use the california blade to squeege off the water. then i use the absorber to wipe up any remaining water droplets that the california blade missed in places such as body kit, door handle, black strip on roof, etc
Old 08-28-2003
dKj
Registered!!

dKj is an unknown quantity at this point
i use the absorber all the time, and it works fine for me. no spots or anything, and my car is black. it says on the wrapper or wutever, that it works better when a little damp. when i start drying, i hold two corners, and kind of drop it flat onto like the roof, hood, trunk, and just pull it away slowly, and then i do it to the sides a lil, but its kinda weird. and i wring the water out after every time. for me, this gets ride of almost all the water, and then i use a different absorber to dry the reamining water. hope that helps
Old 08-28-2003
Registered!!

hm..thats exactly what i do..but in my case tiny tiny water spots remain..its not even spot but i dont kno how to explain it in words..
Old 08-29-2003
Premium Member
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!

djmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nicedjmota is just really nice
the absorber just like natural chamoise <---did i spell that rite...need to be broken in. when i first got mine I hated it and almost threw it away but after some uses it got better and better. now it kicks ***. just hang in there and keep using it. it will get better.
Old 08-29-2003
Registered!!

MrCivic03 is an unknown quantity at this point
ya i got a black ep and i use the absorber all times when dryin. i use muguiars super sudsing car wash it is a gel and it makes the water sheet better than other car wash shampoo. i get the absorber damp then just ball it up and wipe. then ring it out then repeat...mine leaves car perfectly dry(it should leave a lot of small bead like water drops(very small)) this should end up makin a nice shiny dry car well atleast mine does. hope i helped
-andrew
PS i use eagle one wax as u dry, muguiars scratchX, and Muguiars gold class liquid wax and i have a very shiny car for about 5 days then it gets dirty and then do it all over.
Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

Originally posted by djmota
the absorber just like natural chamoise <---did i spell that rite...need to be broken in. when i first got mine I hated it and almost threw it away but after some uses it got better and better. now it kicks ***. just hang in there and keep using it. it will get better.
true?? oh..i didnt kno that..
that was just my first time to use it..
so i gotta be wait then..
i have two absorbers so i have to use both of them frequently
Old 08-30-2003
OsOBaNNeD

OsOBooSTeD is an unknown quantity at this point
absorber is the best thing there is to dry ur car... chammy's dont compare.. the absorber is a space age synthetic material.. its the best thing since sliced bread.. ive been using them for years.. i usually buy a new one every summer...
Old 08-30-2003
Registered!!

really strange...
i used my absorber today..
and it worked perfect!
i dont kno what happened to it..
when i used it last week..i didnt like it..
but today..i gotta love it..hehe
Old 09-14-2003
I log in from time to time

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to beholddirtySAMURAI is a splendid one to behold
yay! i bought the absorber today and my civic is sparkling even without wax (that's how dirty it was :P ). I also used it on my mom's mini van and it looks so great now (also VERY dirty).
Old 09-21-2003
Premium Member

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
gearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond reputegearbox has a reputation beyond repute
Just use a silicon wiper to literally wipe water off the car. Leaves it completely dry.
Old 11-24-2003
Registered!!

Polamnus is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Should it get real dirty real fast?

Hi All, I have to agree the Absorber is excellent to dry my car. I have noticed something strange. It's getting very dirty very fast. It's flourescant yellow, so dirt shows up real easily. I've only used it three times so far! I've not used it at all on my glass, I've got a dedicated chamois for that.

The car is as clean as I can get it, but wet. Still the Absorber comes away with dirt all over it. Am I doing something wrong? Am I in danger or rubbing this dirt into the finish of my car? Is there any way to avoid it? I really don't think I'm just washing it incorrectly, I've washed as slowly and thoroughly as I possibly can, yet the Absorber is absorbing this black dirt.

Or is that just normal? I'm hoping the nature of the Absorber is such that it'll lock the dirt inside so it wont be scratching as it dries. Maybe these are just that disposable? Hope not, it works great otherwise, and I've not seen the same behavior from a chamois.

Thanks for any advice,
Pol
Old 12-13-2003

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
This is how I use the absorber...before I start actually washing my car...when I rinse my car off before washing...I wet the absorber also therefore by the time I'm done washing my car, the absorber would be a lil' damp when its time for me to dry my car...works good this way. using this method I get all the water spots off and tire shine spots on the side of my car. Absorber works wonders!!
Old 12-13-2003
Registered!!

Drnknmnky13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Ehhhh..I still don't like the absorber. I prefer actual leather chamois. Unless there is a different "absorber" out there. I bought the one in a tube for like 10 bucks. Hated it after multiple trys. Now I use it to clean my windows.
Old 12-13-2003

JetBlu01 is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by Drnknmnky13
Ehhhh..I still don't like the absorber. I prefer actual leather chamois. Unless there is a different "absorber" out there. I bought the one in a tube for like 10 bucks. Hated it after multiple trys. Now I use it to clean my windows.
works wonders on the windows
Old 12-14-2003
Registered!!

7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice7thGenerasianCivic is just really nice
I wouldn't say it will dry your car 100% meaning SPOTLESS. It's more like a 95%.
Old 12-16-2003
LEVA

KeNsHiN is an unknown quantity at this point
i have it and love it!
Old 12-17-2003
Registered!!

RedDragon333 will become famous soon enough
I have it and have been using it for about 3 years now. It wont dry your car 100% but i follw up with either a detail or a wax so the spots will dissapear. If im not waxing it i take a microfiber towel and megiuars quick detailer and wipe down the whole car. Works great for me. Not one water spot
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

rckdrmr is on a distinguished road
i just bought an absorber and i gotta admit i like it. i use to use a chamois, but they tend to get hard, rougher and dull quick (the key is to always put it in water before using it to soften it out). the absorber seems to be more kind to the finish, and probably will last longer. and not to mention it was cheaper as well. *goes back to washing car*
Old 01-03-2004
Registered!!

Originally posted by rckdrmr
i just bought an absorber and i gotta admit i like it. i use to use a chamois, but they tend to get hard, rougher and dull quick (the key is to always put it in water before using it to soften it out). the absorber seems to be more kind to the finish, and probably will last longer. and not to mention it was cheaper as well. *goes back to washing car*
Same here, i bought a chamois and i wasnt feeling it to well. I didnt like the feel of it and the absorber seems so much more gentle to the cars paint.
Old 01-04-2004
Tuckin' 19's

danscreations is an unknown quantity at this point
The ultimate combo!
- California Water Blade (gets of the bulk of the water, almost to where it is total dry)
- Absorber Rag (gets whats left behind)
Old 01-05-2004
Registered!!

Polamnus is an unknown quantity at this point
I agree, but as a cautionary tale, don't use the water blade if you're only going through a you-spray-it-yourself kind of car wash. They dont get things clean enough and I watched in horror as I created what looked like microscratches all over my hood. Fortunately, a thorough wash and paint cleaning took care of that, good as new tg. I love the water blade, but only if I'm doing a thorough cleaning from now on. It's a good product, but BE CAREFUL!

Best,
Pol
Old 01-07-2004
Registered!!

the only way to truly clean a car is to do it yourself bro.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: the absorber