chamois? - Honda Civic Forum

Detailing Look here for questions and answers on detailing and washing your car etc.

chamois?

Old 07-05-2003
  #1  
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
gotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Age: 32
Posts: 9,424
Rep Power: 293
gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
chamois?

Yeah, so Ive been using a chamois ever since I got my car, and its great.

However, as of late, i've been noticing these little pieces of chamois residue being left on my car. Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening, or is it time to get a new chamois?

Thanks for the help
gotti is offline  
Old 07-06-2003
  #2  
AR
e-married to daydreamer
iTrader: (2)
 
AR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: The Subconscious
Posts: 4,564
Rep Power: 251
AR will become famous soon enough
how long have you been using the same chammy? for as long as you've own the car? shame, shame. i usually get new drying equipment every other month so that the residue that collects on it doesn't end up scratching my car. i buy a new sponge about every 3-4 washes.

you want mho, i don't even touch chammy's... i use the absorber. supposedly, it's been proven to reduce swirls and it does pic up left over residue. it's around the same price for the chamois so you wont have to bum mom and dad for cash, you can waste their money at the armani store.
AR is offline  
Old 07-06-2003
  #3  
Thread Starter
iTrader: (6)
 
gotti's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Pittsburgh
Age: 32
Posts: 9,424
Rep Power: 293
gotti will become famous soon enoughgotti will become famous soon enough
Originally posted by AR
how long have you been using the same chammy? for as long as you've own the car? shame, shame. i usually get new drying equipment every other month so that the residue that collects on it doesn't end up scratching my car. i buy a new sponge about every 3-4 washes.

you want mho, i don't even touch chammy's... i use the absorber. supposedly, it's been proven to reduce swirls and it does pic up left over residue. it's around the same price for the chamois so you wont have to bum mom and dad for cash, you can waste their money at the armani store.
lol. Ok, so I guess its time for a new "absorber".

Im actually going to Armani next week
gotti is offline  
Old 07-06-2003
  #4  
Newbie
iTrader: (5)
 
GreenNVicious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Nor Cal
Age: 35
Posts: 3,792
Rep Power: 0
GreenNVicious can only hope to improve
The Absorber, I use the same thing, I love it. It's like 10 bucks, but it's worth the money.
GreenNVicious is offline  
Old 07-08-2003
  #5  
Registered!!
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 31
Rep Power: 0
iluvhonda is an unknown quantity at this point
the cali water blade is good too. as long as u rinse ur car really really well. there will be no scratches on the paint. i use to use chamois and there were still small amount of scratches. water blade is about 15-20 bux, but u can dry real fast once u get used to it.
iluvhonda is offline  
Old 07-08-2003
  #6  
7thgen guh chee
iTrader: (8)
 
JohnnyLee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Highland,California, US
Age: 36
Posts: 3,684
Rep Power: 0
JohnnyLee is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by GreenNVicious
The Absorber, I use the same thing, I love it. It's like 10 bucks, but it's worth the money.
Oh Yeah!!!
JohnnyLee is offline  
Old 07-09-2003
  #7  
Registered!!
iTrader: (4)
 
VTECTypeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Pasadena, California, US
Age: 32
Posts: 2,463
Rep Power: 0
VTECTypeR is an unknown quantity at this point
Where can you find the absorber i dont think I have ever seen it. What does it look like
VTECTypeR is offline  
Old 07-09-2003
  #8  
Jap-Euro Fusion
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
iTrader: (16)
 
Boilermaker1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Washington DC
Age: 36
Posts: 13,163
Rep Power: 336
Boilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to beholdBoilermaker1 is a splendid one to behold
Every Walmart, K-mart, Target, and Auto Zoo I've ever been in carries the Absorber. They come in a plastic storage tube and come in a bunch of colors. Looks like a chamois but it's synthetic. I've got 2 of them.
Boilermaker1 is offline  
Old 07-09-2003
  #9  
Registered!!
iTrader: (2)
 
prccivic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: P-Town, CA
Age: 34
Posts: 1,903
Rep Power: 0
prccivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Originally posted by iluvhonda
the cali water blade is good too. as long as u rinse ur car really really well. there will be no scratches on the paint. i use to use chamois and there were still small amount of scratches. water blade is about 15-20 bux, but u can dry real fast once u get used to it.
The Blade is a definite A+ product. It takes a few washes to get used to it but after that drying time is cut in half.
prccivic is offline  
Old 07-14-2003
  #10  
Registered!!
 
erica02civicCPE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina, US
Age: 32
Posts: 288
Rep Power: 0
erica02civicCPE is an unknown quantity at this point
absorber!! yayayy love it
erica02civicCPE is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Honda Civic Forum
Replies
Last Post
ImmortalEX
Detailing
78
09-04-2015 06:35 PM
12345678910
Member's Rides
17
06-24-2007 08:03 PM
jptexas
Introduce Yourself!
6
10-15-2006 06:40 AM
SPIDEY
Detailing
6
09-06-2002 01:38 PM
scrible
Detailing
4
05-22-2002 09:22 PM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: chamois?


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.