Transmission swap post information/Questions about automatic to Manual Transmission swaps

02 civic hybrid RS auto to manual swap???

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2016
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
venom38 is an unknown quantity at this point
02 civic hybrid RS auto to manual swap???

hi i have a 02 civic RS (jdm) D17a2 i want to do a manual swap due to CVT transmission problem. i've already started collecting parts to do this conversion but what i am asking is due to the fact that the hybrid engine harness is way different to normal auto harness regarding speed sensors. what would be best to do swap out the engine harness or is there another way around this
Old 03-15-2016
Registered!!

MassCivic is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: 02 civic hybrid RS auto to manual swap???

Originally Posted by venom38
hi i have a 02 civic RS (jdm) D17a2 i want to do a manual swap due to CVT transmission problem. i've already started collecting parts to do this conversion but what i am asking is due to the fact that the hybrid engine harness is way different to normal auto harness regarding speed sensors. what would be best to do swap out the engine harness or is there another way around this
I believe the hybrid CVT is much different than the auto or manual Trans, I think there's issues bolting up and most likely also with sensors, etc...

You would probably need the entire ECU and engine harness, assuming the Trans will bolt up at all...
Old 03-16-2016
Registered!!

venom38 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MassCivic
I believe the hybrid CVT is much different than the auto or manual Trans, I think there's issues bolting up and most likely also with sensors, etc...

You would probably need the entire ECU and engine harness, assuming the Trans will bolt up at all...
yeah thanks bro was thinking i would have to go this way. the gearbox i have is out of another jdm RS d17a2 so hopefully there shouldn't be no issue regarding it lining up onto the motor will keep you posted on how it goes
Old 10-01-2022
Registered!!

Markinpc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by venom38
did you succeed? I am considering doing the swap. Mine blinks in D, but will work in R.