Turbo Post information/questions about Turbo here!

can i run a turbo on stock internals and fuel pump at the lowest settings and be fine

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2010
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
em2civic12o3 is an unknown quantity at this point
can i run a turbo on stock internals and fuel pump at the lowest settings and be fine

i just bought a t3 turbo and i havent installed it yet. i was wanting to know if you can safely install the turbo and not run it hard at the lowest settings on a stock internals and fuel pump? for now i just want it on the car but i plan on upgrading the fuel pump in the near future. btw which fuel pump should i go with for a 04 civic ex d17 series.
thanks
Old 06-08-2010
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: can i run a turbo on stock internals and fuel pump at the lowest settings and be

I think you can run 6-8psi on stock internals and not have to worry about it. I'd upgrade the injectors to at least RSX-S injectors (increases flowrate from 215cc/min to 310cc/min). They plug right in to the OEM locations and OEM clips, only thing you gotta do is get longer bolts to hold the fuel rail down. Also, if you're gonna do it, at least make engine management your #1 priority, even if you're planning on low boost for now. Get a good engine management unit and a wideband a/f gage (like the AEM UEGO wideband a/f gauge). I ran that setup with a shitty tune and shitty engine manangement unit (A'PEXi VAFC-II) for a year and a half before my car started to hate me. I got smart and took it all off until I learn enough about boosting my car again

As for the fuel pump, the Walbro 255LPH is the only pump I know of that is more or less a drop in for our cars.

I have a pretty long (but extremely useful) post that can actually help you learn about boosting your car. Even I was dumbfounded after I wrote the damn thing.. lol
https://www.civicforums.com/forums/1...urbo-help.html
Scroll down to post #6
Old 06-08-2010
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: can i run a turbo on stock internals and fuel pump at the lowest settings and be

Oh, and when I was boosted, I was only running 2.5psi (wastegate actuator problem) on my Garrett T3 Super 60, and tuned so my AFR was 11.9 at WOT.

It wasn't a shitty tune.. Just could have been a whole lot better had I been smart and spent hella bank on engine management instead of a $300 way out.
Old 06-08-2010
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

I've been running 8-9 psi on stock injectors, pump and internals for 6 yrs now with no problems.
Old 06-08-2010
Administrator
Administrator

Wow.. Didn't know that. I stand corrected.

really stock injectors? what you tuning with?

and what you putting down at the wheels?
Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

speeeedddddfrea is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldnt run a wet kit on the stock fuel pump end of story. You can get a Walbro 255hp for like 100 bucks.
Old 06-09-2010
Premium Member

civic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond reputecivic01vtec has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Wow.. Didn't know that. I stand corrected.

really stock injectors? what you tuning with?

and what you putting down at the wheels?
That crappy SF system that everyone says is so bad. I have no idea what for hp I am producing.

If you upgrade your fuel pump, you need to convert to a return fuel system. Some ppl argue that you don't.
Old 06-09-2010
Remebers the old days

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of lightCrewChief is a glorious beacon of light

I ran 14psi on stock motor and stock fuel pimp with the old TSI turbo kit for 2.5 years with no problems. I would not recomend it though. lol. Most I would say is 8psi with rsx inj and a vafc or emanage. or save your pennies and go kpro like I did.
Old 06-09-2010
Registered!!

grendel has a spectacular aura aboutgrendel has a spectacular aura about

Ahhh, you people and your turbos....

me so jealous

:P
Old 12-01-2015
Super Noob

blessed987 is an unknown quantity at this point

just curious if those d17 stock internals with turbo are still running or has everyone swapped to k series or kpro ?
Old 12-01-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

this thread is 5 years old...