Engine Management/Tuning Post Information/questions about engine management and aftermarket control units here. Very important now with Forced induction from stock!

So, I guess I'm leading the way on this forum with respect to the 10th gen

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2019
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
So, I guess I'm leading the way on this forum with respect to the 10th gen

Because I did a thing today.

Old 02-06-2019
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold
Re: So, I guess I'm leading the way on this forum with respect to the 10th gen

Sweet!!!

You are the 10th gen pioneer man!!! I’m sure a very nice review will follow.

I’m sure you can offer specifics for this member.

https://www.civicforums.com/forums/3...gine-mods.html
Old 02-06-2019
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Yeaasss!
Old 02-06-2019
Administrator
Administrator

xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Update on my order.

IT'S ON THE WAY!

I thought twostepperformance did away with the free overnight shipping at the end of August, but lo and behold, it's still a thing and my KTuner should be here tomorrow. I'M SO EXCITED
Old 02-06-2019
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

So are you going to do a custom tune with it?
Old 02-06-2019
Administrator
Administrator

I'm gonna stick with the built in dual tune for now. This was my tax return splurge this year. Didn't wanna spend the extra 300 for a custom tune. Cool thing about the dual tune is in eco mode, it's set to factory boost levels, but it's tuned for boost target instead of torque target. In regular drive mode, it runs the +6psi tune
Old 02-06-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

don't blow your headers off
Old 02-06-2019
Administrator
Administrator

WARNING:DANGER TO MANIFOLD

*Slams laptop lid shut*
Old 02-06-2019
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,126 Likes on 941 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

Old 02-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

THE EXCITEMENT IS REAL GUYS

Old 02-07-2019

mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
WARNING:DANGER TO MANIFOLD

*Slams laptop lid shut*
hahaha, better buy ARP floor plan bolts. Lol.
Old 02-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Can't spell crap without A-R-P

seriously though, are they still a thing?

edit: nevermind. I was thinking of that crap ricer accessory company from the early 2000s. Not the reputable bolt company. lol
Old 02-07-2019
Prelude Owner

That KTuner looks really cool. The base maps are really nice with some good power increase. Does the transmission or clutch need upgrading?
Old 02-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

the +3 and +6 basemaps are CVT safe.
Old 02-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Literally me right now

Old 02-07-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

bark!
lift the leg! ****!
then shred the package into pieces!
and order the next since it was damaged...
Old 02-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

ITS HAPPENING
Old 02-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Alright kids, flashed in the dual tune (16.5PSI in eco mode, 21psi normal mode)

1) There are no included instructions, for those that wish to buy the tune. KTuner's website has videos, however. Don't be like me and click faster than you can read. So used to having "yes" on the left and "no" on the right. They definitely switched that up a bit a few times.

2) The first time you flash, expect your oil life percentage meter to go back to 100%. Also, like if you had disconnected your battery, avg mpg meters will reset.

3) It only takes about 5 or so minutes to flash. Unless you're like me and you forgot to download and install KTuner's windows software beforehand. lol

4) Oh. My. God. It's like a night and day difference. Even in eco-mode where I'm only pushing 16.5psi, I feel like I'm getting the power I expected from the factory. From the factory, the ECU is torque targeting. That said, if your car hits the torque target, it cuts boost. With Torque Pro (since I don't have that wannabe boost gauge the EX and up has), I was only seeing 12psi, at most. Not to mention, throttler response has greatly improved. It's definitely more touchy. The 21psi tune put my *** back in my seat and put a huge smile on my face. Time (and my lead foot) will only tell how it'll affect my fuel economy

edit: for some reason, the ktuner is having a hell of a time connecting to my phone.

Last edited by xRiCeBoYx; 02-07-2019 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-07-2019
Prelude Owner

Originally Posted by xRiCeBoYx
Oh. My. God. It's like a night and day difference.
Sweet!!!! Sounds like money well invested. Much better then an exhaust

put a huge smile on my face.
That's all that matters.

Time (and my lead foot) will only tell how it'll affect my fuel economy
I would imagine if you keep your foot out of it you wouldn't see much of a change. Keeping your foot out of it will be very difficult though lol.
Old 02-07-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

same issues when someone got the crower stage 1 camshaft in the 7th gen... stomp in the gas all the time.
I got better mileage after installing the camshaft because i got faster to the desired speed and cruised after speed achieved, making full use of the fuel cut-off when cruising and throttle off feature of the ECU
but Josh, wonder how turbo would affect the mileage
Old 02-07-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Usually, when my average mpg meter resets, takes a good bit to breach 30mpg, not so much when I hop on the freeway immediately after filling up. However, took it for a tuned test drive, and even with me abusing it a little, stayed above 30mpg the entire time. Definitely got up to speed faster with less throttle, so if I don't abuse it, should see good economy numbers
Old 02-08-2019

20psi, nice 😁
Old 02-08-2019
Administrator
Administrator

Got the TunerView app to connect. Definitely hit 21psi, and not even at WOT. Verified it hit 16.5psi in eco mode, too.