Safety/Security Items - SRS, Keys, Immobilizer, airbags, ABS Post your safety, security questions here! Airbags, Keys (immobilizer)

2002 Civic SRS lights

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mastabrad is an unknown quantity at this point
2002 Civic SRS lights

(getting code 44-2-2 now, apparently passenger side sensor, fixed seat belt code)
So sent my car to the dealership to have airbags replaced, for free. They did do a diagnostic though and they had code. 22-2 saying seat belt buckle passenger side, not driver side. Did some googling and cleaned passenger buckle sensor inside and reset SRS but the light still comes on. With paperclip method i 44 2 2
Also my cluster lights dont work from installing aftermarket stereo I do know the fix for that, wiring in a jumper. Can i take out srs bulb to bypass all together, just trying to get my car road test ready and it's getting kinda silly. Or even just Tape over SRS light?

Was dealership wrong or do is have multiple srs issues and what can i do now?

Last edited by Mastabrad; 07-19-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-17-2019
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: 2002 Civic SRS lights

seat belt is common problem, have them replaced
Old 07-17-2019
Registered!!

I fixed the seatbelt srs code though.
Old 07-18-2019
Super Moderator

Received 1,847 Likes on 1,300 Posts
BrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud ofBrotatoChip has much to be proud of

If you just installed a new radio and now the cluster lights are now not working you most likely installed the radio incorrectly. If the dimmer wire is connected it damages the cluster.
Old 07-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 53 Likes on 38 Posts
NDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of lightNDNV is a glorious beacon of light

Leave out the illumination wire connection in the aftermarket radio as mentioned.

Your paperclip method yields the same 22-2 code for the SRS. Four quick = 10 times two and two slow for the sub code.

High Resistance In Passenger Seat Belt Tensioner.

Seatbelts are warrantied for life on your Honda - funny dealer did not mention that.

Ensure good connection at electrical connector. Did you do some work in the front passenger seat are recently?
Old 07-19-2019
Registered!!

Hey so I am getting code 44-2-2... 4 quick flash, then 4 quick. 2 long, then 2 normal. that would be 44-2-2? To update, I did a short the battery a long while back, I also had the car re grounded cause it had grounding issues prior to me shorting the battery with a wrench. Did get that fixed but now im just stuck on 44-2-2 which is a Air bag sensor on car body? And have not fixed dash lights yet.