Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Rear alignment for rear strut replacement?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BobStraus is an unknown quantity at this point
Rear alignment for rear strut replacement?

I have a 2001 Civic LX and I'll be replacing the front and rear struts and springs. Was wondering if I had to get a rear alignment at all and if so, does it have to be right away? I don't think I can get it all done in one weekend, so if I do the rear first, can the alignment wait (if needed) another week until I can get the front done before I align both? I drive approx 700 miles a week,
Old 04-18-2019
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Rear alignment for rear strut replacement?

If you can get the REAR struts removed and installed without having to put a wrench on any of the important suspension parts, rear alignment won't change enough to worry about
So I'd do the rears first, assuming you can do it without touching suspension parts.

Front struts last, because alignment is definitely needed as part of that job. Any decent shop does 4 wheel alignment if the rear is adjustable at all,