Suspension Post your issues with Suspension here! Suspension will cover from Steering Column (Steer Wheel is in interior), Suspension, Bearing and Hubs

Horrible wheel shake

Old 02-04-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver_slug is an unknown quantity at this point
Horrible wheel shake

my wheel has been starting to shake but if I let it go for a little bit it’s completely fine so I figured it was just the road but it’s not. This morning on my way to school my wheel started to shake worse than it has before. I pulled over and everything looked okay only thing is that my breaks smelled really hot and I hadn’t really used them and when I did it wasn’t hard enough to make it smell like that. I was doing mid to low 40mph btw. But on my way home it was fine like nothing had ever happened. Can someone help me find what’s wrong?!?!
Old 02-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Slumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to allSlumpertcivic is a name known to all
Re: Horrible wheel shake

Sounds exactly like a sticking caliper.

perished, contaminated brake fluid, rust on internal parts, rust on external parts, bent/ worn/ rusted caliper guides, clogged ABS port/ brake line and in extreme cases very worn out wheel bearing.

heat has likely warped the rotor which causes the shaking more so than other reason is parts of the rotor are glazed over.

Old 02-05-2019
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silver_slug is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Horrible wheel shake

Originally Posted by Slumpertcivic
Sounds exactly like a sticking caliper.

perished, contaminated brake fluid, rust on internal parts, rust on external parts, bent/ worn/ rusted caliper guides, clogged ABS port/ brake line and in extreme cases very worn out wheel bearing.

heat has likely warped the rotor which causes the shaking more so than other reason is parts of the rotor are glazed over.

I’ll check that out thank you!