Overheating or loss of coolant, heater blowing cold If you are having overheating of loss of coolant issues, post here!

d17a2 overheating problem and not be able to rev past 4k

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hondaman4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: d17a2 overheating problem and not be able to rev past 4k

Originally Posted by cb3000
Hi guys, haven't been able to post in a couple of weeks, but here's an update to what has recently happened, got the car back and everything seemed great, temp was slightly under the middle mark of the gauge, drove to work the next morning, assuming that the mecanic did his job correctly, and tried to pass over 4k, engine cuts of power when trying to pass 4k, i thought to myself, its fine. Got off of work and headed back home, thats when the issues started, the temp was climbing and fast, pulled over to the side of the road and popped the hood, i was really close to the mecanic i had taken my car previously, and waited for the engine to cool for a bit, drove, stopped again, drove, and stopped again to let the engine cool, there was a point in which the car did not want to turn on until i applied some throttle and let the revs climb to 2k so the engine wont die on me. When i got to the mecanics, i started to notice my mistake on taking my car with these people, so i tell him that i think the head gasket need replacing, he pulls the dip stick, checks the color and says its ok, openes the oil lid and no residue; it was completele clean, i curiously open the radiator lid and all the coolant begins to spill out, i ask him, is this normal, he says yes, look at the color of the coolant, and its pure water, thats when i got upset since they said they filled it with antifreeze mix, asked them to fill the levels, they agreed but with a horrible attitude, drove back home, car was over heating but didnt get to the dark lines on the top of the temp gauge, yesterday, i decided to check his levels and put distilled water to see if that was the issue with the over heating, when i begin to fill the radiator, i noticed it need about 2 lts of water, so i filled up to the neck of the radiator, that's when i noticed that a small costant stream of bubbles form, thats when i said, must be the head gasket. After i went for a small drive to see if i can still drive it, its my only car, it has to work. It worked great so far, until i parked slighly up hill and the engine died on its own, tried to start the engine, and i had to apply a lot of throttle to get it to revive, it was idleing very ruff after and now im scared to turn him on, but the temp was perfect, also feels a litte weak, any advice on what to do???..... Also no codes are thrown, at all, as if the car doesn't say what is wrong with him
Man. That must be really frustrating. I know the feeling. Dude, I'd go back to that SOB (so-called mechanic) and ask him exactly what he did. It looks like he just added water to the car. I hate these crooks. I'm no mechanic but a radiator problem wouldn't cause the things and codes you mentioned. It sounds like a HG problem. That idiot probably knew but I don't think he can fix a HG. So he just tried to make some easy money anyway by pretending that he did some repairs to the car.
This sucks.
Old 04-15-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
cb3000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: d17a2 overheating problem and not be able to rev past 4k

Hi guys, so i finally had the car worked on properly replaced the headgasket and water pump. The car works flawlessly once again, I thank everyone who help on this thread and on your vast knowledge and expertise