Canada West Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, Yukon, NWT

Feelings regarding war???

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
money9 is an unknown quantity at this point
Exclamation Feelings regarding war???

With very few hours before the declaration of war upon the world again. I wanted to get everyone's impression and positions on how they feel regarding the stance that bush as well as our government is taking.

Do we feel the force is warranted? If so how far should it be taken, should Hussein be taken out? If so where do we stop to ensure their will be no repercussions?

I have been discussing it with co-workers this morning and I thought it may create an interesting discussion for us all here on the Canada West board.

Please feel free to be open and entirely honest, as this is a very real issue that we will soon have to deal with.

I myself feel that the public does not know the full story. That can be proven in what was heard this morning on the radio. It was stated that one of the Iraqi diplomats advised his troops to not use Chemical or Biological warfare in any way! He was concerned of the strong repercussion it would cause.

My question is, hasn't the Iraqi's taken the standpoint that they do not have this type of ammunition. Have they not been pleading this to the UN, and now they are stating their army will not use this type of warfare. Seems like someone put their foot in their mouth.

Let me know what you guys think.
Old 03-19-2003
Registered!!

rkotlowski is an unknown quantity at this point
Randy,
I'm not trying to be a post ***** or anything but I feel that if the Amercians would have done the job properly the first time they invaded the middle east, we would not have this problem now! They should have killed Saddam when they had the chance...In saying that I don't believe that the Iraq's have done anything wrong. They have not flown planes into trade buildings or anything like that. They just have a few hundred weapons of mass destruction that they have been lying about!@ WTF!!!
The Amercians should start at one side of the middle east and destroy everything and everyone that is still there. Anyone who has something to lose would have fled the cities by now! The only people left are those that want to fight! I don't think that war is the answer but there is only so much talking that bush can do before he has to do something to back it up! Talk is cheap!
Yeah! I don't know if this makes any sense to anyone reading it but oh well! The only other thing that I wanted to say is I don't believe that Canada did not back the Americans. I hope that this does not affect our allie status that we have with them. If it does were screwed!
Rob
Old 03-20-2003
Registered!!

murd0c is an unknown quantity at this point
war is wrong no matter what it is if the US had more cold hard proof it would of been fine but for the past 3 months nothing now what does that have to say!! look at korea they have the bomb now I would be scared of that!