General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

I cant stand my 2015 Civic

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bsmb77 is an unknown quantity at this point
I cant stand my 2015 Civic

Yup, I said it. I always wanted a Civic. Loved how they looked and thought they would “probably” drive great too!!! Boy was I wrong.
I purchased a 2015 Civic LX in May of this year with 43k on it. Drove it down the street,
thought it was alright but really too excited to pay attention. Was finally going to own a Civic!!!

Six weeks later, I am sooooo disappointed in the damn thing. I love the way it looks, it’s pretty and the features are so-so, but the way it drives??? WOW. Sluggish, handles horrible. This CVT transmission thing is crap too. It makes the weirdest noise. And the gas mileage they “claim it gets” is so far off. I begrudgingly get in and drive. Only go where I absolutely have to (which I guess saves me $$$ on gas) and usually ask the boyfriend if we can use his car. (‘13 Mazda 3, I LOVE it.) it’s just not what I had hoped for or expected. Don’t get me wrong I’m grateful to have a car where others have none, but if someone handed me $20k tomorrow I’d ditch it in a heartbeat and buy something else.

Talk about all my Civic dreams down the drain..... I always thought they were these Uh-MAZING cars. I was wrong. :-(
Old 07-08-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold
Re: I cant stand my 2015 Civic

...what did you expect from a cvt eco model?

It won't have the engine, transmission or suspension of the sports model.

If you wanted an SI then you should have bought one.

That's like buying a base model 5.7l challenger and thinking it will drive like a Demon.
Old 07-08-2018
Registered!!

[QUOTE=mac25;4747468]...what did you expect from a cvt eco model?

It won't have the engine, transmission or suspension of the sports model.

If you wanted an SI then you should have bought one.

That's like buying a base model 5.7l challenger and thinking it will drive like a Demon.[/QUOTE

its really too bad I can’t just say what’s on my mind. Fact: it didn’t say on the sticker it aas
a CVT **** thing. Or the sale wouldn’t have taken place.
Old 07-08-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bsmb77
its really too bad I can’t just say what’s on my mind. Fact: it didn’t say on the sticker it aas a CVT **** thing. Or the sale wouldn’t have taken place.
Sounds like you're trying to blame the car for your own poorly researched decision to purchase it.

Old 07-08-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Sounds like someone didn’t research very well.

Part of the popularity is the reliability. It’s an economic grocery getter.

The Mazda 3 is an excellent car though but follows a different train of thought then the 2015 Civic. Now the new Civic’s are a different story. Maybe Google harder next time, test drive multiple makes models and pay attention when making a serious purchase like an automobile.

Also gas mileage is highly based off of how it is driven. The poor gas mileage is most likely caused by driving habits.
Old 07-09-2018
Registered!!

I am definitely not blaming the car for my decision. It's my fault. I just assumed Honda didn't put CVT under the hood. I don't know why. I drove between 45-60 and no lead foot. Sorry if it comes across as poor me, I was just being honest in my original post. :-)