How can I start my car with a replacement PCM? - Honda Civic Forum

General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

How can I start my car with a replacement PCM?

Old 05-17-2018
Registered!!

D17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really nice
How can I start my car with a replacement PCM?

So now my PCM is randomly activating the rev limiter while Iím driving. This is obviously annoying, but also dangerous since the car randomly wonít accelerate for no reason. So my question is how I can start the car with my replacement PCM temporarily until I can get it flashed. Will the immobilizer brake code start it with a replacement PCM, or is there something else I need to do? Thanks.
Old 05-17-2018
Super Moderator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: How can I start my car with a replacement PCM?

it won't
Old 05-17-2018
Registered!!

D17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really niceD17VTECPOWER is just really nice

Originally Posted by sdaidoji View Post
it won't
Actually, I put my new JDM PCM in, and it started after I jumped the fuel pump relay. But it's far from perfect, as you will see in an update to that thread.
Old 05-17-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D17VTECPOWER View Post
Actually, I put my new JDM PCM in, and it started after I jumped the fuel pump relay. But it's far from perfect, as you will see in an update to that thread.
Maaaaybe Hotwire that-- temporarily just so it will drive to get it programmed? (BUT IT'S UNSAFE AF)

Wait....Is this the same car that melted the data link wiring? That might really complicate things
Old 05-17-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone View Post
Maaaaybe Hotwire that-- temporarily just so it will drive to get it programmed? (BUT IT'S UNSAFE AF)

Wait....Is this the same car that melted the data link wiring? That might really complicate things
Yea... I have no idea how this worked either lol.
Old 05-17-2018
Registered!!