General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Suzuki swift - b or h serie swap - possible??

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2018
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
tuna.no.crust is an unknown quantity at this point
Suzuki swift - b or h serie swap - possible??

Hello Civic owners!

with all of your great knowledge, would anyone know if it is possible to swap in a b or h serie in an Suzuki Swift 2016 model.

I dont care if you bring hate or unrelated meanings.

im just curious to know for the nearest future plans....
Old 02-18-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,124 Likes on 939 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all
Re: Suzuki swift - b or h serie swap - possible??

Originally Posted by tuna.no.crust
Hello Civic owners!

with all of your great knowledge, would anyone know if it is possible to swap in a b or h serie in an Suzuki Swift 2016 model.

I dont care if you bring hate or unrelated meanings.

im just curious to know for the nearest future plans....
A 2016? So a 2 year old car? Most states/provinces dont allow older engines to be swapped because of emission laws. With a ton of custom fab work anything is possible...
Old 02-18-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by Colin42
A 2016? So a 2 year old car? Most states/provinces dont allow older engines to be swapped because of emission laws. With a ton of custom fab work anything is possible...
Yes. I know it sounds silly. Just asking for advise... but would you think custom mounts would do it?
Old 02-18-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Suzuki as a car company is nonexistent in USA, we haven't seen any cars of theirs since....I think 2012 was their last year here....pretty sure they have pulled their car sales out of Canada as well.

Suzuki and Honda are two completely different car manufacturers, as far as I know they don't share any major components.....

so an engine swap or complete drivetrain swap would have to be completely fabricated from scratch.

A sawzall and a welder may become your best friends LOL
Old 02-18-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by ezone
Suzuki as a car company is nonexistent in USA, we haven't seen any cars of theirs since....I think 2012 was their last year here....pretty sure they have pulled their car sales out of Canada as well.

Suzuki and Honda are two completely different car manufacturers, as far as I know they don't share any major components.....

so an engine swap or complete drivetrain swap would have to be completely fabricated from scratch.

A sawzall and a welder may become your best friends LOL
thanks for your answer. Good information to now! Hahaha maybe that’s all I need 😂
Old 02-18-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Since your brain skipped the info, most emissions laws would prevent old engines in New chassis.
Regardless, what is difficult is not the engine, it's the chassis and it's electronics. Therefore, you should ask that in a Suzuki forum, not Honda.
Old 02-18-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

^OP is in Denmark
US EPA rules don't apply.....check your local regulations
Old 02-18-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

I've definitely seen some crazy swaps before. B-series in the back of an original mini, k-series in a suzuki samurai.

Quick google tells me that a k20 fits in the engine bay of a swift. I'd rather go K than B or H, personally.

https://www.engineswapdepot.com/?p=8687

my goodness that's a tight fit. lol

The motor was installed using custom motor mounts and some cutting on the radiator support to clear the intake. The change has given the car an extra 100 whp on a stock motor and the tremendous aftermarket support of the K-series engines.
Old 02-18-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

You'll need to measure the engine compartment to make sure the engine and transmission will clear the

-frame
-sub frame
-firewall
-bumper

You'll also need to locate the engine mount bolt holes and see if you can make engine mounts which can hold the Honda engine, in the Suzuki frame.

If this is not possible then you will need to create new holes in the frame/sub frame which can support the mounts used; this will mean selecting areas which have enough structural integrity to support a mount, or reinforcing areas a the frame to support the mounts/engine.

You will also need the engines original ecu and wiring harness.

One of the main issues will be getting the gauge cluster to work.

either by

Using the suzuki cluster and trying to get the honda wiring from the engine to work with that cluster

or

Using a honda cluster which will plug into the honda wiring harness but will need to be fitted to the interior of the suzuki.

All is possible with enough motivation; good luck.
Old 02-19-2018
Registered!!

Originally Posted by mac25
You'll need to measure the engine compartment to make sure the engine and transmission will clear the

-frame
-sub frame
-firewall
-bumper

You'll also need to locate the engine mount bolt holes and see if you can make engine mounts which can hold the Honda engine, in the Suzuki frame.

If this is not possible then you will need to create new holes in the frame/sub frame which can support the mounts used; this will mean selecting areas which have enough structural integrity to support a mount, or reinforcing areas a the frame to support the mounts/engine.

either by

Using the suzuki cluster and trying to get the honda wiring from the engine to work with that cluster

or

Using a honda cluster which will plug into the honda wiring harness but will need to be fitted to the interior of the suzuki.

thanks man. Appreciate that you took your time to answer!
Old 02-19-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by mac25

-frame
-sub frame
-firewall
-bumper

either by

or

and then figure out how the ABS and other parts relate to the new wiring, etc.

also figure out which trans to use. etc.
Old 02-22-2018
Registered!!

Received 29 Likes on 28 Posts
D17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the roughD17VTECPOWER is a jewel in the rough

Installing an engine made before the car is illegal in the USA. But to answer your question if it’s possible to do the swap, I’m sure it’s possible if you have an unlimited amount of time and money. That doesn’t mean it’s practical though. As far as I know, no one has done it, so I don’t know what problems you may run into. You’ll definitely have to make custom parts, including custom wiring, and there will no doubt be problems along the way. Cost effective? No. Doing the swap would certainly cost more than the car is worth. I’m not telling you to not do it if you really want to, but doing a swap like this would be quite difficult, expensive and impractical.
Old 02-23-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by D17VTECPOWER
Installing an engine made before the car is illegal in the USA.
Originally Posted by ezone
^OP is in Denmark
US EPA rules don't apply.....check your local regulations
yep.