General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Honda CRV 1999 check engine for transmission keeps coming on! Please help!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2017
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rissa4229 is an unknown quantity at this point
Honda CRV 1999 check engine for transmission keeps coming on! Please help!

I just bought a 1999 Honda CR-V and after a few weeks of driving my check engine light came on. I was told it was the Transmission and had to do with the gear ratio, I noticed some slipping when going to third....so...I took it to a transmission shop and $3,300 dollars later they replaced several parts and said it was good to go! This was three weeks ago and since then I have had to take it back once a week because after a week of driving the same check engine light comes on. I don't feel any slipping and the transmission shop says everything is great and they have no idea...has anyone heard of this or can help me out? I have put too much money into fixing this carvtgat I don't want to just sale it, but I'm getting sick of these transmission guys telling me it must be a fluke m. Thanks!
Old 05-09-2017
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Honda CRV 1999 check engine for transmission keeps coming on! Please help!

I just bought a 1999 Honda CR-V and
This forum is for Civic not CRV, but I'm bored so I'll give it a shot LOL
I'm getting sick of these transmission guys telling me it must be a fluke
It's not a fluke. The computer doesn't like something that's going on in the transmission.

What is it? I can't tell you from here, not enough info to make any sort of diagnosis.
$3,300 dollars
I think for that price you could have had a whole nuther remanufactured transmission installed with a guarantee.

Your transmission shop gave a warranty on their work, yes?
You already paid for it to be right, and until they make it right all you have is a broken car (and a case for small claims court).
They need to make it right at no additional cost to yourself (IMHO if they could actually figure it out it would have happened already).....or cheerfully refund every last dime you have spent with them for this problem so you can go elsewhere.

and if you try to sell the car it's gonna be kinda hard to get much money out of a broken paperweight once it breaks down.

BBB
Small claims court
Old 05-09-2017
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,441 Likes on 1,197 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of
Re: Honda CRV 1999 check engine for transmission keeps coming on! Please help!

not a civic, so moving to general section...