General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Rumor: baby NSX to be s2000's successor, equipped with a 1.5T hybrid engine

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2015
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,146 Likes on 801 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Rumor: baby NSX to be s2000's successor, equipped with a 1.5T hybrid engine

http://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2...rid-power.html

Discuss.
Old 10-06-2015

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Rumor: baby NSX to be s2000's successor, equipped with a 1.5T hybrid engine

Who wants to own a car that has no rear window? Too bad 'concept' illustrations rarely ever look like the actual produced car. I was so excited about the 2016 Civic from it's prototype but then the actual car was... meh.

on the plus side

emissions regulations will force the Japanese automaker to downsize to a 1.5-liter turbo mill that will generate around 300 horsepower when paired to an electric motor.
love the electric paired to gasoline combo.

Hate the fact that Honda's new cars reference their old one's (ie NSX S2000). Be brave Honda just make new car lines and forget about the past.
Old 10-06-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

what will be different from the S2k is that it *appears* to be a mid-ship - this might make it trickier than the AP1 (prone to snap-oversteer).

hopefully will have a torquier low RPM... one of the most criticized features of the s2k...
Old 11-07-2015
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MidEnginRWDcivi is an unknown quantity at this point

The only reason s2ks lower end is so sluggish is because they have a 3.3-3.8 rear end, very top heavy. Also what do u think about putting a s2000 rear differential/axle assembly in the back of a 98 civic lx 4 door Turbo dohc
Old 11-07-2015
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

...I guess this is like an mr2, a cheap mid transaxle.

I dunno it doesn't do it for me, I mean yes 300hp midship does sound good but I honestly think If I was going to by a honda at the price point this thing will start at, I'd rather use the money buying and building a 90's FR platform, or even a sick BRZ.

this thing just doesn't scream high power aggressive race car or cheap affordable tuner platform.

It will probably be sold to upper middle class house wives who want a quick car but don't want to build it, take care of it or race it.

just my 2 cents...
Old 11-08-2015
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Let Bisimoto mod a few of them LOL
He got well over 500 HP from a 1.5 Hybrid at 20PSI boost.....Let's see what can be done with this.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/honda/2...-ar102916.html
Old 11-09-2015
BPL Namdata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Miss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura aboutMiss EJ6 has a spectacular aura about

down size to 1.5L ?!?!?cause of emission regulations?? makes no sense when we there's still cars like subuaru, mitsubishi, mazda with 2.0L turbo and bigger
Old 11-09-2015

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Stock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of lightStock 99 is a glorious beacon of light

I know things are changing in the UK and EU these days... perhaps Honda is trying to address those needs.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...al_version.pdf
Old 11-09-2015
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

in part is the electric power addition, too. As long as you don't think on how well Honda is doing in F-1 right now... (I know, regulations are hampering them )