General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

GolNat's 09 Fit Sport

Old 03-14-2018
Administrator
Hey! Look At Me!! I'm a Supporting Member!!
Administrator

Received 1,144 Likes on 799 Posts
xRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond reputexRiCeBoYx has a reputation beyond repute
Re: GolNat's 09 Fit Sport

Name:  1gM854m.jpg
Views: 9651
Size:  668.3 KB

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/le...led-bulbs.html
Old 03-14-2018
Prelude Owner

Received 303 Likes on 214 Posts
GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Holy Cow!!!! Now that's bright!!!!!!

I will be looking into getting me a set of those or an equivalent Sylvania/Phillips, thanks.
Old 03-14-2018
If you think a good mechanic is expensive, try hiring a bad one

Received 250 Likes on 182 Posts
ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Good effin lawdy that looks bright. Tan much?

I want stealth on mine LOL (I'm in the hood, too many nosy people around)

My truck has darkass tint on the back glass and my garage is usually damn dark when I try to back it in....I thought about hooking up a rear camera but the only place I can think to put it is looking out the slot where you'd stuff the crank to let the spare tire down.
Old 06-20-2018
Prelude Owner

GolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to beholdGolNat is a splendid one to behold

Not a good update...met a deer the other night. Waiting for estimate at the moment. Front quarter panel, passenger door, rear door and rear quarter panel all got hit along with the hood and headlight as seen.

Name:  3KxOIj6.jpg
Views: 9696
Size:  875.2 KB
Old 06-20-2018

ezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond reputeezone has a reputation beyond repute

Damn that sucks!
met a deer
Guy I used to work with years ago.....drank a lot, had a few crashes.....

One day he comes to work saying his clutch pedal stopped working after he hit a deer. Went outside to look and the floor was buckled up under the pedals.
He hit a green Deere.
A JOHN DEERE.

Hope you found humor in that
Old 06-21-2018
"Marge, anyone could miss Canada! All tucked away down there."

Received 1,122 Likes on 937 Posts
Colin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to allColin42 is a name known to all

That sucks, are you ok?
Old 06-21-2018
Prelude Owner

Yes I am fine and the car still drives and runs fine. I had to raise it up though because the fender got pushed in and now it’s rubbing a lot. The night before I had just put my new summer tires on and lowered her a bit, got it all dialed in lol. That’s how it goes I suppose. KBB trade in is $3500 so they might total it.

Originally Posted by ezone
One day he comes to work saying his clutch pedal stopped working after he hit a deer. Went outside to look and the floor was buckled up under the pedals.
He hit a green Deere.
A JOHN DEERE.
Lmao that kinda deer would definitely mess some stuff up.

I was rather pissed at the deer at first but I am better about it now. He jumped down from an embankment right into me. We looked each other in the eye right before I nailed him. I see 5-10 a night on my way home depending how I go so it was only a matter of time. I guess in 13 years of driving one is not bad.
Old 06-21-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

Received 1,440 Likes on 1,196 Posts
sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

oooooooouch...

That sucks... At least not like some i have seen that the deer comes straight at the windshield...

Holy fart, did you lit the gases, Josh?!?

shooting rainbows from the ***...
Old 07-13-2018
Prelude Owner

Car got fixed and is looking better then before!! Since the hood got damaged they replaced it so all the rock chips that were on there from its previous NJ life are gone. Only down side is the the driver side quarter panel is more obviously faded now that the hood is newly painted but hey.

Total cost of insurance $3400, cost for me $0. I'm glad I got her back the Pilot is boring to drive. I was seriously eye balling a MazdaSpeed 3 and thought about trading the Fit in but once I started driving her again the thought went away. I would like to start the supercharger process next year though, it needs some pep in its step!

I am currently working on getting my stance how I want it. Removed some fender liner but need to roll the fenders and get stiffer springs in the rear and possibly front. I have a week vacation coming up so I hope to get some time then to work on it.
Old 09-27-2018
Prelude Owner

Time for new brakes so I upgraded to EBC Green Stuff pads and EBC slotted rotors. Excellent improvement in braking with zero noise and not to much dust. Initial bite is like OEM so normal driving feels stock but once you push them harder they really grab. I have been using a brake dust spray on my front wheels which has helped a lot with the dust sticking.

Also have SS silicon coated brake lines to install along with a brake fluid flush which should help out even further.

Name:  BcadVAT.jpg
Views: 9659
Size:  890.5 KB
Old 10-01-2018
Dr Krieger of Modification

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
mac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to beholdmac25 is a splendid one to behold

Nice bud! =D
Old 11-11-2018
Prelude Owner

Sitting in the ER and don’t know what else to do lol. The Fit and I got hit by someone who decided to run a redlight. Im sore but can move everything. It’s just not my year!!

Name:  zLINLbb.jpg
Views: 9636
Size:  820.4 KB
Old 11-11-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

sdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud ofsdaidoji has much to be proud of

yeouch!!!

that was a nasty one...

Have them check you well...

hope all you come with are sore.
Old 11-11-2018

Holy poop that looks bad, hope nobody was on the passengers side! glad you're gonna be okay!
Old 11-18-2018
Prelude Owner

Found a well loved 2013 GTI with 35k miles. The last time I went away from Honda it was a disaster so I am a little nervous. We will see how it goes. I’ll probably start another build thread as I would like to lower it, do some basic stuff and Stage 1 at some point. I feel like I am cheating on Honda or something lol. Like I went to the dark side!!

Name:  RJf4mFC.jpg
Views: 9644
Size:  1.01 MB

Name:  Tn6tgt6.jpg
Views: 9609
Size:  959.7 KB

Name:  SZ6nEyP.jpg
Views: 9600
Size:  1.04 MB

Last edited by GolNat; 11-18-2018 at 05:23 PM.
Old 11-18-2018

Nice!

/Traitor
//*flips off all German cars
Old 11-18-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

LOL, ezone!Nice!
I have had VW all life until the first civic. Unsure what goes in the newer ones, though, but those cars are fun to drive (a friend have one)
Old 11-18-2018
Prelude Owner

Lol It’s funny cause I kinda felt like a traitor while driving it and thinking about buying it. If you want to kick me out of the Honda club I understand lol

I work with a VW guy and he said just keep up on the maintenance and it will last a long time. The problem is most people think of cars as appliances and neglect them. They are not like Honda’s and Toyota’s where you run them low on oil put sand in the tank and it still run! I have always loved GTI’s and “hot hatches” so we will see how it goes. The turbo pulls nice and the 6 speed manual is slick so it was hard to resist.

The gas door is on the wrong side though lol
Old 11-18-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

you are going to spend more on tires than a civic, LOL!
and that thing lifts the inside rear wheel (not as bad as an older hatch civic, though)
ah, remember i have 3 mazdas :P
Old 11-18-2018
Prelude Owner

Lol I haven’t pushed it much I am still getting to know it. Yes it has 18” tires so they will be fun to shop for. I would like to get a set of winter wheels too.

Some more carnage pictures from when I went to get my stuff out.

Name:  7bX49aD.jpg
Views: 9603
Size:  1.26 MB

Name:  fjT8LU0.jpg
Views: 9600
Size:  1.13 MB

Name:  iHsbG45.jpg
Views: 9578
Size:  933.5 KB

Old 11-18-2018
PITA Admin
Administrator

yyyyyeeeeoooouch...

the only good things are:
1) good safety - good to see you got out fine
2) It's pretty clear it's a total - no fighting with insurance about how bad is bad...
Old 11-18-2018

That'll buff out....
Old 11-27-2018
Prelude Owner

Lmao I was thinking it would buff out too.

Yes the Fit did a great job at keeping me safe, thank you Honda engineers!! Yea it was easy from an insurance standpoint.

Insurance ended up giving me $7100 for the Fit which I was very happy with. Insurance came and took her to their salvage yard . It was a great little car and it will be missed. The GTI is a hell of a lot of fun but the Fit was still fun, economical and it's a Honda so I don't question its reliability.

I will soon make a "build" thread for the GTI. I'm sure at some point l will join a GTI forum but the people here are much cooler

First thing to get done is an oil change. I'm sure it was changed by the dealer but with what oil idk and that way I have a good baseline. OEM oil for VW is Castrol which I have always been a fan of and have used in the past. Before going with OEM Honda oil I always used Castrol. Wanted to try something different so went with Red Line.

Name:  Ct8dGpQl.jpg
Views: 9436
Size:  61.6 KB