General Automotive Discussion General automotive discussion and chat. Honda, Toyota, Chevrolet, Ford. It doesn't matter, just talk about it here.

Looking for some info about B16a head on a ZC block

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012
Registered!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
UneeqDominguez is an unknown quantity at this point
Looking for some info about B16a head on a ZC block

Now I have been around Hondas for awhile (20 yrs to be exact) and everyday I hear about new hybrid motors all the time, Now I have read ( and heard ) about this B16a head on a ZC block. Its not new from what I read and heard (got friends stationed in Japan) and before all of you so called tuners who think you know all the facts, go to the link at the bottom of this thread. This is an an article that was in Import Tuner Mag, the April 2011 issue. Its about true illegal street racing at its finest. I am not here to argue a point or hear a bunch of unnecessary BS, I jus wanna know if someone out there knows how this can be done. This is the link. (Please read first before you comment on this thread)http://cc.bingj.com/cache.aspx?q=htt...5ff35,18ee69a6
Old 05-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of
Re: Looking for some info about B16a head on a ZC block

I'm confused, how is the article relevant to the question? As far as I can tell, a complete B16a was swapped into the EF.

Anything is possible, but it's not necessarily practical. The coolant passages on a DOHC ZC block will not line up with a B16a head, so machine work... welding... something would be required to make it work.

Last edited by MindBomber; 05-21-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 05-21-2012
Registered!!

Look at the pics at the bottom, they have the specs on all the cars. 2 of the EF-9s have these hybrid swaps. May I ask you did see those ?
Old 05-21-2012
Live for the Twisties
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
MindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud ofMindBomber has much to be proud of

Oh, I see now. I read the article, but just glanced over the list of modifications.

If you find information on the exact specifics of how to modify a B16a head/ZC block into a hybrid, I would be absolutely shocked. It's not something 99.99% of people who modify Hondas could pull off even if they had the motivation. In an age when B16 and B18cs are becoming more plentiful and less expensive every day, I don't see what the motivation other than bragging rights would be.
Old 05-21-2012
Registered!!

And to some of us thats the motiation to say I got that. I love JDM style and to me this is true loyalty of the way JDM street machines are built. They do it there why not here too? To me its about the build and to get as close as I can get.